Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think that with all boltons (inc. ASP underdrive pulley, and a throttlebody) and a tune 400RWHP is feasible with the stock Z06 exhaust?

Just curious as this is now my magic number in my head.

Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
How much hp are you starting with? Which year Z06?
I was thinking about the same question?
Anyone help us out?
Thanks,
Stumbo

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2002...haven't done a baseline yet. I'm sure this question is beat to death and I guess I will have to find out on my own and go for it. : )

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Your baseline should be in the 365 rwhp range. You would need to add headers and an intake to get to 400 rwhp. Your current mods and the tune could get you to 385 rwhp. Most cars vary, but those are approximate numbers. FYI. ;)

Bob :D

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Probably need more than just bolt-on's to get the 400rwhp.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
My Vortech just bolted on, and it easily delivers >400RWHP. In base-tune, it's rated for about 440RWHP (assuming 15% drive line loss, or 520HP at the crank).

ATI and Magnusson deliver similar results and are equally "bolt on". If anything, the Maggy and ATI are less work. With the Vortech, you do have to cut a hole in the oil pan. With the others, you really only bolt stuff on.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Kooks longtubes, no cats, vararam, pulley, LS1edit, I hit 390rwhp.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Not without a blower, nitrous or cam swap. With all of the good bolt-ons such as long tubes, CAI, very good tune and the stock Ti exhaust you will probably get between 380 & 390 depending on the dyno. Switching to a high flow exhaust such as the B&B Bullets, Borla Stingers or Corsa Race TI can get you between 390 & 405. It doesn't matter which year Z06 you are working with, they will all be about the same final result when doing all of those bolt-ons.

When I replaced my stock Ti exhaust with the 4 tip stingers, I gained 8 rwhp to 10 rwhp with setup I had.

I was able to get between 393 & 403 rwhp, depending on the type of dyno, on my 01 that had BPP long tubes, BPP Rammer, Haltech CF air bridge, modified MAF sensor, Borla Stingers and a very good BPP custom tune.

Don

thefritz1 said:
Do you guys think that with all boltons (inc. ASP underdrive pulley, and a throttlebody) and a tune 400RWHP is feasible with the stock Z06 exhaust?

Just curious as this is now my magic number in my head.

Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I dyno'ed this weekend and got NOTHING like those figures. I own a stock z06 with no mods. There were a whole passal of corvettes there, and mine was the high car (numbers wise, and a great surprise it were to me too!)

When you guys talk about adjusted horsepower (wheels), what does that mean?

The raw numbers I got off the dyno (a Mustang chassis dyno) were 272.8 @6000 RPM and 264 @ 4800 (torque). I'd guess it was between 96 and 98 degrees F in the shop, with 70% or better humidity.

--Yak

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yakisoba said:
I dyno'ed this weekend and got NOTHING like those figures. I own a stock z06 with no mods. There were a whole passal of corvettes there, and mine was the high car (numbers wise, and a great surprise it were to me too!)

The raw numbers I got off the dyno (a Mustang chassis dyno) were 272.8 @6000 RPM and 264 @ 4800 (torque). I'd guess it was between 96 and 98 degrees F in the shop, with 70% or better humidity.

--Yak
i would not go to that dyno again :) 272 :) u sure u don't have a v6 z? :D

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
The guy running that dyno obviously is a rookie,,,,there is no way your Z would read that low even with the heat and humidity. It obviously need to be calibrated and adjusted to give SAE corrected numbers. Mustang Dynos read lower than dynojets, but not that much lower.. I would ask for a refund!
:cen:

Jim

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yakisoba said:

--Yak
Mustand dynos read low. Real low, on the order of ~20-25% or so. So, 272.8 hp *1.25 = 341hp! :idea: Still a little low perhaps. But fret not, your peak HP and TQ still occured at the RPM's they're supposed to. A 1/4 trap speed would also be a good indicator of hp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts