Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Vette assembly line is supposed to be pretty sophisticated, and there is supposedly alot of QA on the line, but I'm wondering if Mondays and Fridays might be alittle more 'slack' than the other days during production?

What do you think? :D

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Thats easy, mondays are the worst, no mgt on staff, line workers can do anything they want, they drive the cars around, yea right!!!!!

Anyday is the best, the line workers are VERY HAPPY to build our cars. Quality control is the same every day of the week.

If your extra worried about quality order R8C and the museum will go over the car with a fine tooth comb.

Joe

·
Registered
629 Posts
The parts that make up the cars are built in different factorys on different days and it takes more than one day to put them all together to make a car.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
If I had to pick i'd say Monday. It also depends how many beers they had over the weekend.:guiness: :guiness: :guiness:

·
Registered
186 Posts
What is a Monday/Friday car?
Your car will be on the line two or three days right?
So is it the day it starts or the day it rolls off the line?
Don't worry about the day, they do a kicka$$ job at BG. IMHO

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think I would be concerned everyday since they drink beer and smoke on the line! LOL. They actually do smoke on the line.......

ZeeOhSix, don't worry. ALL days are great days and the QC effort is the best I have seen and I have spent many years in production plants.

Also, GNX Guy nailed it: If you want the car nit-picked and dekivered perfect---do Museum Delivery. My Z definitely benefited from the R8C option. Ken-:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I have a Saturday car. That has to be the worst right?

First saturday of work in the 01 model year, August 19.

Holy shit, I just realized that is my mom's birthday too.
HAHAHAHAHA

shows you where my priorities are, huh?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
ZeeOhSix said:
I know the Vette assembly line is supposed to be pretty sophisticated, and there is supposedly alot of QA on the line, but I'm wondering if Mondays and Fridays might be alittle more 'slack' than the other days during production?

What do you think? :D
The day doesn't mean a lot because the Corvette takes four days from the time the first parts are started until the car rolls of the line. The crew on the floor (UAW 2164) really take their jobs seriously and they want the buyer to get a great car. Having said all of that, the worst day to get final build is probably Friday. The plant is currently working 48 hour weeks, 10 hrs on M-Th (157 cars)and 8 hrs (130 cars)on Friday. There is possibly a fatigue factor on Friday added to the anticipation of the week end. Every car is given a thorough QA as it is built and at the end of the assembly line. Your car will be great no matter which day it is completed. Mine was done on Thursday morning.
jerboa :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
years agoe i did work on the line for chev. the city i will not say. for the most part when some one was not their they had people to take over who had a lot of time on the line. i would almost say a mon.--fri. would be the best.:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Well, I could be wrong, and I could be just a tiny bit biased - but i heard that cars built on Thursdays were the best. BTW, my car came off the line on 8/2! :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts