Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 2002 Quicksiver/Red Z06 405 HP and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a stock 2002 Z06 is louder than a stock 2001 ? I heard the "pup" converters are not on the 2002's and the 2002 also has less restrictive intake right ? Is there any change in exhaust sound or intake sound ? I think I am making sense but I apologize if I don't know what I am talking about. Thanks /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Yes... indeed the '02 is louder /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Great tone... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
IMHO my '02 is 15% louder than my '01 when I had the stock Ti on. A bit more cracking and popping during deceleration. FUBU69/LES /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds cool. I have the Borla XR-1 racing exhaust on my 1999 Vette and they sound awesome but too much resonance for daily driving. I'm glad to hear the 2002 is louder. I'm really thinking about leaving the 2002 stock because it is so sweet all the way around...but then again I love aftermarket stuff too...any suggestions ?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I'm staying stock on exhaust for sure... everything else I'll modify /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

J/K... exhaust is perfect to me though

·
Registered
631 Posts
Only had it a couple of days and the exhaust is aging very nicely and quite rapidly. It has a very pleasant burble, much more pronounced than the 01 had at 5500 clicks.

I will be posting a driving impression report from the Zap in a couple of days. So far I am quite pleased that I stepped up a year. The wait and the process has been worth it to me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info...another question...have you guys heard of any problems with the 2002's ? I was a little worried when I heard about the oil problems on the 2001's and the orange peel paint problems and stuff. Any scoop on the 2002's ? How is the Quicksilver paint in person ? Thanks !!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Mine looks great... minimal peel and nice metallic shimmer. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

You won't be disappointed /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Only 750 miles... no problems of course

2002 Quicksilver/Mod Red/#151/Museum Delivery

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks...that's great to hear. Have you picked out a shifter and shift knob ? Is it true that the Kirban is smoother than the B&M and more suitable for city driving ? I have the B&M on my 1999, and it's awesome, but a little tight sometimes. How about the height of the two ? Have you seen the brushed aluminum knob offered by West Coast with the Z06 emblem on top ? It seems like it would look sweet with Quicksilver...Any thoughts ? Thanks dude.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have found that the stock exhaust don't 'stick out' far enough and attract dirt to the rear end quicker than the aftermarket systems. As soon as they are out, going to add some CORSA titaniums to my quiet 01. I want dual exhausts with larger round rolled tips and have heard thru the grapevine that CORSA is coming out with them very soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts