Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that the Corvette designers let the truck designers design the backup light section on the C6? Or.. Do you think that they were just inspired by the wonderful fog light area design on the Suburban?






Sal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
555 Posts
Yep, I think it's definitely you. Geez, how much time did you spend nitpicking the car to come up with that little "discovery"? The car is so awesome, nothing wrong with those backup lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,357 Posts
Rapid Transit said:
Yep, I think it's definitely you. Geez, how much time did you spend nitpicking the car to come up with that little "discovery"? The car is so awesome, nothing wrong with those backup lights.
I second the motion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
I think that I am going to have to side with sal on this one. I don't like them. :puke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
the rear of the C6 will eventually be refreshed and it will look even better, the front of the c6 is so awesome when you see it coming towards on the road, I still didnt get to use to the fact that my Jaw drops everytime I see a C6 coming towards, sitting still and the rear end dont do it any justice at all :pp:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,190 Posts
I just checked. They are the same part #. :eyes:


jk. I think it looks good, but I'm sure there will be some aftermarket company will cash in on a beauty cover. :jammin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,817 Posts
I know the General is trying to save money on parts and styling, but good thing the C6 didn't get the Surburban headlights too! :jawdrop: :eek:: And I side with Sal on the backup lights, they are disappointing for sure. :mah:

Bob :coo:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rapid Transit said:
Yep, I think it's definitely you. Geez, how much time did you spend nitpicking the car to come up with that little "discovery"? The car is so awesome, nothing wrong with those backup lights.
It didn't take long. When I first saw the back up light section of the C6, I knew that I had seen it somewhere before, but couldn't put my finger on it until I saw a late model Suburban in a movie.

I know that the car is nice, especially the Z06. I just wish that GM would've put a little more effort into the details.

Sal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
salvador said:
It didn't take long. When I first saw the back up light section of the C6, I knew that I had seen it somewhere before, but couldn't put my finger on it until I saw a late model Suburban in a movie.

I know that the car is nice, especially the Z06. I just wish that GM would've put a little more effort into the details.

Sal

yea, I agree with you a little, the back could be better and will be better, lets not complain though and make some money out of their little mistake, We can team up and make up an aftermarket part to replace those lights and put them somewhere better looking, Im sure you two are not the only ones who thing like that, and IM sure the c6 owners will want to try to improve on it as well, how 'bout it, business partners or not?? :pp:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
For a minute I thought about the distance apart from each other, but I saw your location "earth" and Im right around the corner, see you soon :lol: :lol:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
21,250 Posts
I really don't mind the back-up lights, They are as good as any, I guess.
However......some aftermarket vendor is gonna make a fortune when he comes up with a better mousetrap to replace that little plastic strip thingie on the top of the rear deck. When I saw it on the Z06 in Bowling Green, I thought it looked even more 'ricey' than it did in the pics.

I don't want to get too picky about a car that is really starting to grow on me, but sheesh...what the hell were they thinking?

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,939 Posts
I agree with Sal, but would add the plastic filler panel. I believe, one reason, and maybe the only reason, why the backup lights are in the new location was to increase the license plate area to accommodate the European plate.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,755 Posts
salvador said:
Do you think that the Corvette designers let the truck designers design the backup light section on the C6? Or.. Do you think that they were just inspired by the wonderful fog light area design on the Suburban?


Sal
Yeah, that is one of my least favorite parts of the car, followed by the third brake light plastic "thingie" (as Mike puts it).
Mike - I have already seen an aftermarket, body-color, piece that replaces the black piece. It makes it look much better IMHO - especially on the lighter colors.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
I don't mind the backup lights so much as the rear license plate area - that leaves a lot to be desired. Can't figure out what, if anything will make that look better.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
21,250 Posts
2MchFun said:
Yeah, that is one of my least favorite parts of the car, followed by the third brake light plastic "thingie" (as Mike puts it).
Mike - I have already seen an aftermarket, body-color, piece that replaces the black piece. It makes it look much better IMHO - especially on the lighter colors.
When I buy the new Z, that will be my first mod!

Mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,276 Posts
I think the designers were charged with the job of "Eurothising" the rearend.

They managed to retain the 4 lights, but fell short on completing the "whole" IMHO.

It looks like they went for the clean look, erased everything, then Dave Hill came into the room and remined them that while it looked cool, they need backup lights and a 3rd brake light.

So the group had a team huddle, and Fred Gerome II (of the Peoria Geromes) ran up to the life size wall poster and using his black marker, coloured in the the rear valance with backup light and 3rd brake light.

The team cheered and they broke for lunch.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,149 Posts
Never really took notice until now.....

But what would REALLY make it better, is a backup alarm to go with it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hahahahahaha......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
When I first saw the C5 I didn't like it at all. After awhile it grew on me. The rear end was a stumbling block to me. I bought mine new five years ago and I love it. I like looking at it everyday. I'm sure this new car will be the same way. There are things I like about it and things I don't. Right now it looks like a car body that was placed on top some wheels to me, just doesn't fit. I don't like it. However I like the new Z for some reason. I think it's the tires and the bulged fenders. The Z looks so much more in proportion than the standard C6. I even like the idea of having the GM badge on it. I for one am proud of GM for building this car.

D.J.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top