Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of replacing the LED on my gauge cluster to orange, is it possible to do this?

·
Registered
229 Posts
if you are talking about the 4' uv tubes on the inside of the gauage cluster im not sure if anyone makes a bulb for that.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brian ns said:
click on Tech Tips you will find a thread that will show you how to do it. :thumb:

I checked it out but I dont think it covers the gauge cluster.

:cheers:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
illmac77 said:
if you are talking about the 4' uv tubes on the inside of the gauage cluster im not sure if anyone makes a bulb for that.
Yes inside the gauge cluster. SO they are actually tube lights, not the small LEDS?

·
Registered
25 Posts
SexyLex said:
Yes inside the gauge cluster. SO they are actually tube lights, not the small LEDS?
Yes, they are (as people have said) about 4" UV lights. Hence the clusters lighting up so oddly at nighttime (in a cool way).

Carleton

·
10,998 Posts
You could always experiment by adding some leds to the existing tubes (one on each side). When I added the metal rings around each guage for better looks I was disappointed that realativley little of the light reflected off the center two big rings(speedo-tach). Adding some leds would really make this nice I bet. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts