Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told I wouldn't get my car until January most likely, and possibly as late as early Spring of next year. My dealer called me today and said if I paid $1000 over MSRP I could get it several months earlier. I find it a lot easier to just "throw that in" when I've already spent around 76k, so I decided to do it. Do you think it's worth it?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
not if your dealer quoted you a price and is now squeezing you and others for additional $$.......a deal is a deal :mad:

:z:

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
playing you all against each other.... looking for a high bidder.. if there is a list.. and he is moving people..

i would get my money back

he is not a man of honor.!
period

·
Registered
282 Posts
The laws of supply and demand dictated by short term profits do not equal repeat customer. I think there is fancy equation for that somewhere is some economics textbook that I forgot to read.

·
Registered
108 Posts
A local BMW dealership did the same thing to me when the M3's were coming out. I toke my deposit money back, they were dishonest. It worked out for me, I ended up with a Z06.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
u-wave said:
A local BMW dealership did the same thing to me when the M3's were coming out. I toke my deposit money back, they were dishonest. It worked out for me, I ended up with a Z06.
Interesting. I can empathasize. BMW dealers never discount the damned ///M3. And even a floormat is extra.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Lankhoss said:
I was told I wouldn't get my car until January most likely, and possibly as late as early Spring of next year. My dealer called me today and said if I paid $1000 over MSRP I could get it several months earlier. I find it a lot easier to just "throw that in" when I've already spent around 76k, so I decided to do it. Do you think it's worth it?
No. Be patient and wait. It will be worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Lankhoss said:
Can you tell us your dealer's name?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would tell the dealer to drop dead! Get the cash back and look for a dealer that has integrity...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Keep in mind I am pretty low on the list, number 47 out of about 100. I was never promised a time when I would receive, just estimated around January, and possibly late December at the very earliest. I am supposed to go in tomorrow morning to talk to them. He told me it'd be "a few months early," which sounds pretty good. However, if it's only a month or so it doesn't seem worth it. I will ask for concrete numbers before I put the money down.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
johniew398 said:
Can you tell us your dealer's name?
Right on, who's the hungry snake ? This sucks because many guys have been waiting over year to get their car the honorable way. :usa:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I honestly don't know the story yet, and won't talk to them tomrrow. It sounded like a good deal at first, but now that I'm thinking about it.....I can't imagine getting the car before November, and I doubt I'd get it as late as February. So it looks like 2 months is about the most time it could save me.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
If you were an old fart like me you might be anxious, but if you already have one, I would wait.

Like others here I find your salesman's behavior offfensive.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jim said:
How have you already spent 76k ? :eek:
Several options on the car, then you have about $4500 in taxes. I am basically getting the car loaded, with navigation, museum delivery, 2LZ package, and polished wheels.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think it stinks that a dealer would do that. Someone gets moved back because the dealer got more money from you.......I too would like the dealer's name, want to stay far away from them!

I am very happy with my dealer and mention their name in my sig. I would recommend Becky Davis to anyone!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
if the dealer is playing a pricing/bidding game with you, rest assured he is doing it with others too......that improved delivery time could very well vanish as someone else ups their ante....

I loathe those types of practices :flaming:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts