Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw that a Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary, NC just received a 2002 Mil Yellow Z06. Spoke to Debra Chilson and she stated that Market Conditions and Demand required that they mark the car up to $10,000.00 over the MSRP.

:eek:

:lol:

JLA

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
It will make them a nice museum piece!:)

carzzy

·
Registered
348 Posts
I saw one today, Red W/Chrome wheels with a 15k mark up in CA. The same dealer had an Electron Blue with a 20k mark up about a month ago, I think its gone..:eek: Ouch!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Greed!! Isn't it a wonderfull thing. Funny how scalping cars is OK but scalp a ticket to a sporting event and get arrested if caught. :puke:

·
Registered
50 Posts
california dealers are a joke. They seem to think we're in an economic boom. They can get some schmuck to buy their overpriced vehicles...and they do. Some have used 2001 c5 convertibles close to $50000.:bs:

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's all supply and demand. You can't really blame the dealers for taking advantage of dumbasses who pay that much.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
My Z06 had a $2500.00 markup on the showroom floor... I didn't pay it, needless to say. Fact is I got a good deal more than the markup in negotiated discount AND the $2002.00 repate.

It's an asking price deal gents. SHow up to play ball and buy a car. If they want to sell they will sell.

If they don't want to sell visit a dealer that does... like the vendor dealer here.

Asking and getting are sometimes very different.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Someone either too rich, or too dumb, to care will buy it.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
What really burns me is when you come back to trade that car in the next model year, and they try to ***** you again on trade-in value! :mad:

Zippy :( :(

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
My Chevrolet Dealer in Pennsylvania got a call from a Chevrolet Dealer in Georgia wanting to know if he needed any Z06's. He told them if they had any they couldn't sell, and they told him he would have to pay $2,000 over MSRP. I can't tell you what his answer was but it started with f.

The Ford dealer in Wheeling, WV marked his first new T-Bird up $10,000 and he sold it right away.

The Chrysler Dealer marked the PT Cruisers up and now they can't give them away. The same with the VW Beetles.

There always some idiot that will pay the price because they don't know any better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
514 Posts
That's exactly why...

...I buy my vettes from Ross Downing.

Gotta drive (or fly) from Houston but well worth it...

(No I DON'T work for them...)

:)

·
Registered
764 Posts
JLA,

My brother in law purchased an 01 MY Z when they first came out. He paid MSRP and at that time they were hard to get and dealers were all marking them up. The dealer he bought from made sure he knew that he was geeting a "deal" on this "rare" car, blah blah blah....

He went back last summer to the dealer to inquire about trading up to an 02. They told him they would give him only $35K for the 01 because they were hard to sell. He still has his 01.

Zippy's, does this sound familiar?

Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dealer Markup

Obviously you can tell from my screename that I am in that business. I've been selling cars for 18 years, 7 with BMW. I've always had a problem with huge markups over MSRP because they disgust me. HOWEVER:
If you have a product in great demand and very low supply and it might be six-months to a year to get it, and you present one that you can have NOW for a premium AND the customer is willing to pay the price, would YOU refuse??????
And, consider that for all the Ninja-Shoppers who come in and slice and dice you to a very low profit deal on a daily basis, this has a way of allowing you to make up for the lack of a decent commission and make a good month out of it.
Let the replies begin!!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts