Corvette Z06 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Most people in the car sales business are a joke. They are one of the largest groups of psychopaths on the planet, right up there with polititions. As I said most are. You can find some that have ethics, very few, but there are some. It really burns me that those mental midgets prey on those who may not be informed or do not have the personallity to be as agressive as need be at times. I am not talking about the supply and demand crap either. I have another view on that.

I have learned over the years that you have to treat most of the car sales folks like the piece of crap they are. Be firm to your mission, know your numbers and be prepared to walk when they start giving you their line of bull.

I started proceedings on my Z06 in April/May of 2000. I took delievery the first of September 2000. Many dealers didn't know much about the Z06. The ones that I talked to that did know about it, turned out to be very good dealers for the most part. I was fortunate enough to negotiate a $1K under MSRP when most were lucky to get MSRP. In 2000, quite often the '01s were selling at $3K to $5K over MSRP, higher in CA and parts of TX.
I didn't buy my car from Ross Downing Chevy but I did talk to a gentleman there named Marlin. He had great info and was very considerate. HE called me this past May to see how I was doing and to offer me a 2002 Z06 for $4k under MSRP if I ordered it then. I didn't really think the '02 was significantly different enough to trade up so I politely declined. I will tell you that when the '05 (next gen Z06) comes out, I will be giving Marlin a call. He seemed to me to be what a sales rep should be.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
2001Z06 said:
Most people in the car sales business are a joke. They are one of the largest groups of psychopaths on the planet, right up there with polititions. As I said most are. You can find some that have ethics, very few, but there are some. It really burns me that those mental midgets prey on those who may not be informed or do not have the personallity to be as agressive as need be at times. I am not talking about the supply and demand crap either. I have another view on that.

I have learned over the years that you have to treat most of the car sales folks like the piece of crap they are. Be firm to your mission, know your numbers and be prepared to walk when they start giving you their line of bull.

I know that their are some bad dealers and sales people out there. If you dont like a sales person find another one.
I dont see any reason for name calling (psychopaths, mental midgets, piece of crap ). Remember what your Mom told you
"If you cant say something good about someone, say nothing at all" :(

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sorry Gang,

There is simply NO reason to pay over sticker for ANY Corvette:flaming: Complete crap:puke: I really wish the General would jerk the franchise away from dealers who do that, as it hurts their reputation, too:bs: I guess I'm a little opinioniated about that, but I ordered my Z06 at dealer invoice:yeadog:

Joe :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
The worst deal you should make in NC is sticker less the GM discount. Try Sir Walter in Raleigh. Talk to Jeff Bass. (E-mail me for particulars) Parks Chev. in Charllotte will give you a deal also. Both have good inventory and cars coming in. I haven't had any experience with Performance Chev in Chapel but they have a good inventory also. Over sticker is for suckers.
Mash

·
Registered
670 Posts
Dealer in Santa Rosa, CA (hiding the name to protect the innocent?) has a Red 2001 Z06 for $62,000.00. Anyone interested? I can give directions! :lol:

If I ever pay that much... please, someone just :bang: me!

·
Registered
251 Posts
New supporting dealer on CF lists on his website a $57,000+
Vert and a $49,000+ AT Coupe!

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
If someone can sell a car for 5k over MSRP and get it, why wouldn't he?

If someone offered you 5k more for your Z than what you paid for it, how many of you would refuse? I bet not 1.....

So to call a saleman stupid for making more money is foolish. In fact, quite the opposite is true....if a salesman is getting those markups, I ask you, who is the idiot? :)

JC

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it is kind of silly, actually. There are many other industries where things are sold at their MSRP and in which, in fact, competitive prices are often below MSRP. I really wouldn't have a huge issue with just paying MSRP. The fact that the local dealership wanted to gouge me for $5k over that made me go to an out of state dealer that had a good reputation.

Demand may allow you to sell a car for more, it doesn't mean that you should sell it for more. Just sell it to the first guy that comes along and offers to pay MSRP.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was surprised to see prices are still real high here in California. A 2002 z06 was being sold for $60,000 here in San Jose. Convertibles were priced at $61,000-62000. :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Why In the world would someone pay 60000 for a Z06 or A convertable When you can hop online and find the same car for 16000 less or more If your talking about a used one ?

Heck even If you had all the money you could ever spend I would expect someone would be smarter than that .. If not shame on them
Maybe I need to start buying up all the Z06'S I can find New Or used and ship them out to Cali If they really are asking and recieveing those crazy prices.... :D

21 - 35 of 35 Posts