Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to determine the part number for caliper bracket bolts so I can order them from GM Parts Direct. Can't seem to find the numbers. I suspect I will run into this issue for other fasteners and obscure parts - the manual would be a handy reference instead of playing email tag.

I know I can buy it. Did I mention I'm a cheap bastard, my favorite price is FREE.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
kmagvette said:
Did I mention I'm a cheap bastard, my favorite price is FREE.
If that's the case, why are you buying new caliper bracket bolts in the first place? I've had mine off and on dozens of times and have never replaced them. Just clean them off well with a wire brush and apply some red high strength loctite before reinstalling. ;)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Caliper Bracket Bolts 14084051
Caliper Bolts 14067559

:z:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Who needs a parts manual when you have ZO6vette forum. :D :z:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm not sure about this, but some of the bolts are not intended to be reused, and the caliper bolts might be one of them.

I don't think there's a free on-line site, but sometimes the manuals can be purchased new at shows from vendors for less than $100. FWIW.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
rwd said:
I'm not sure about this, but some of the bolts are not intended to be reused, and the caliper bolts might be one of them.
As per GM that is correct, however the general consensus is that it's because of the threadlocker on the new bolts. Cleaning the old ones and using new threadlocker accomplishes the same thing. I believe it was determined these are not "torque to yield" bolts.

As stated, I have had mine off and on many times and I track my car quite a bit. Never had a problem, nor has anyone I know who does the same thing.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I was thinking it was the threadlocker, too, and I wouldn't expect any issues, either. That said, if it was a one time thing for a street car where the parts might never be seen again, I'd probably replace them. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts