Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, this seems like a really dumb question, but is it? I did a search but didn't come up with anything. I was checking my fluids with the car cold and when I took the coolant cap off, air leaked either in or out- not sure which or why. I would really appreciate any input.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Z064FUN said:
How do I go about repressurizing it? Thanks in advance.
You don't!! The system pressurizes and depressurizes every time you run and stop the motor. As coolant heats it expands. When it expands the system pressurizes. The expanded coolant is captured by the coolant reserve tank. When you shut the motor down, the coolant cools and contracts, the pressure in the system drops and the system sucks back coolant from the reserve tank to always keep the system full to capacity.

Hope this explains it to you.

Charlie

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm new to the world of tinkering with vettes and not used to this kind of stuff. I used to play with 5.0 mustangs...very fun and easy to work on. Thanks for the quick replies.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Z064FUN said:
Thanks guys. I'm new to the world of tinkering with vettes and not used to this kind of stuff. I used to play with 5.0 mustangs...very fun and easy to work on. Thanks for the quick replies.
Have fun! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts