Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to get some longtubes from LG with cats and have my stock catback. How much louder exactly is this? What about noise at cruising highway speeds (60-75) or street speed (40-50)? How much power am I looking at with my Trap Intake, LG Pro Longtube kit with cats and stock catback, tuned by LG? I am just trying to figure out if the price tag north of 2k is worth the sound, power, and driveablity (noise).

Reason why I am sooo worried about the noise is because I absolutly hated taking my car on 4+ hour highway trips. It had longtubes, off road y pipe, and borla exhaust.

Also does anyone have a video or sound clip? Thanks!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
As far as gain HP goes 25 RWHP gain or more. I'd call at Lou at LGM and ask there opinion. IMO Barley noticeable at Highway speeds. At idle same or quieter (but different) and above 4000 RPM a nice purr. :cheers:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Long tubes really change the sound above 4 thousand rpms...more than as a driveability issue....(with stock catbacks anyway)

I just had a corvette Z06 owner drive my car with the headers /stock ti catbacks and he commented it sounded very exotic.Not really louder but rather smoother with the x pipe...

His words...

As long as you keep the cats and the x pipe you'll enjoy about 20 extra hp...(give or take a few)

Two grand installed sounds about right...and with a tune from LG ...sounds like a pro doing the work..but a lot of money for the hp...100 dollars per hp is about the right ratio.

I will say buying LG's stainless steel headers is a dam smart move if you decide to buy headers..

I bought mild steel headers that were jet coated...and both have a bellhousing bracket that broke off and I had to have the headers welded...

So with 20/20 hindsight? If you buy headers? Buy the best....and if you can get LG to install and run ls1edit on it...

More power to you....

Just base your decision not on increased noise...but rather around 100 dollars per hp...(noise doesn't really go up..imho)

HTH

JB

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
It's not the Long Tube headers that cause the noise problem...it was the Borla exhaust! :screwy: When I put on the LG's, they actually made my stock TI exhaust sound a little quieter. I changed to the PRT's, and now I have loud exhaust again....especially at WOT. :cheers:

Bob :D

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have LG's and Corsa Indies and have driven from Nova Scotia to New Jersey and farther twice. The sound on the highway is very low. But when you leave the toll booth or go under a overpass the smile magically appears on your face.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
brian ns said:
I have LG's and Corsa Indies and have driven from Nova Scotia to New Jersey and farther twice. The sound on the highway is very low. But when you leave the toll booth or go under a overpass the smile magically appears on your face.

:lol: Great isn't it Brian..... :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts