Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
New Z06 not obsolete just second fiddle. Hey, where can you buy those wheels and will they fit a 2004 Z?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't know if it is SC or not, but chevy is suppose to be testing several XZ06 mules at "N" at the present time. They ran one at VIR for 24 hrs recently and was suppose to include it in the "N" testing.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Since the theoretical "Blue Devil" is a turbocharged Z06, I doubt it should be conisdered obsolete. I don't think any car made today is obsolete, if people will buy them.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
A $100K car does not obsolete a $65K car. It would be a different model of Vette, not a Z06 replacement.

I sure hope they make it.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Actually in a sense, yes. This is why the replacement is probably already starting to be tested. I mean they just can't afford to rest. The two wheel drive 550 hpGallardo will come out. The 430CS will come out. The 675hp two wheel drive Murci will come out. the new GT2, GT3 and Porsche TT models will be out. It moves so fast and furious with the auto makers that the cars are nearly outdated in 6 months after they reach the public.

·
Registered
685 Posts
355Spider said:
Actually in a sense, yes. This is why the replacement is probably already starting to be tested. I mean they just can't afford to rest. The two wheel drive 550 hpGallardo will come out. The 430CS will come out. The 675hp two wheel drive Murci will come out. the new GT2, GT3 and Porsche TT models will be out. It moves so fast and furious with the auto makers that the cars are nearly outdated in 6 months after they reach the public.

"Outdated" only if someone is chasing "numbers"...i.e. power numbers, and stopwatch numbers.

Car manufacturers obviously make money by selling cars, and if they can hook people on the "new/better" part then they can sell more units. The real world driving difference (seat of the pants) between the 430 and the 360 is probably not very noticeable.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Only outdated it you have to own the fastest stock road car in the world. Gotta admit Im loving these horsepower wars :jammin: I can't afford to keep up in this type of race but constant turnover and one-upsmanship sure will keep the used car market interesting :)

Im willing to live with the "cast-aways" :jammin:

BRING ON THE BLUE DEVIL!!!!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
With a $35K price difference, obsolesence will not occur in the same way it did for 01 Z06 owners. Do I sound bitter?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dock said:
"Outdated" only if someone is chasing "numbers"...i.e. power numbers, and stopwatch numbers.

The real world driving difference (seat of the pants) between the 430 and the 360 is probably not very noticeable.

You would be wrong there. Traded my 360 for a 430 a few weeks ago, and the difference is remarkable.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Dock said:

Car manufacturers obviously make money by selling cars, and if they can hook people on the "new/better" part then they can sell more units. The real world driving difference (seat of the pants) between the 430 and the 360 is probably not very noticeable.
That's not what I have heard. I haven't driven one yet but I will soon. But I do agree with you. One of my favortie cars to drive is the 355 Spider with a Tubi even though it's not the fastest or best handling.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
It's for those that want to keep up with the Jones's. Hell. if they can sell a Z06 at 70 grand, why not a 100? At a 100 grand, GM can keep it. I'll stick with the classics.
And, who knows, maybe GM won't be around to build it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Tony Skarbic said:
It's for those that want to keep up with the Jones's. Hell. if they can sell a Z06 at 70 grand, why not a 100? At a 100 grand, GM can keep it. I'll stick with the classics.
And, who knows, maybe GM won't be around to build it.

Why do you feel this way? Do you hate Porsche for building a 100K GT3 or a nearly 200K GT2? Why do you pick on GM but give the Germans a pass? If GM can build a better, faster Vette that competes with top-end Ferraris or AMG products--and I know they can--then I am PROUD of them.

It's almost like we as Americans have some weird, self-loathing disease.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
quickZ said:
Why do you feel this way? Do you hate Porsche for building a 100K GT3 or a nearly 200K GT2? Why do you pick on GM but give the Germans a pass? If GM can build a better, faster Vette that competes with top-end Ferraris or AMG products--and I know they can--then I am PROUD of them.

It's almost like we as Americans have some weird, self-loathing disease.
:thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts