Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have met a few Z06 owners who say that their fist ever Corvette is a Z06....How kewl, what a way to get introduced to the finest sports car in the world! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

BTW, my '01 Z is my 6th Vet.

How about you?

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
First ever for jerboa. Start at the top and work my way up is my motto. jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

G

·
The Z06 is our second Corvette.

The first one was a 1994 Convertible w/factory hardtop. It was Competition Yellow, and we loved the color.

I'm glad we had that car because I learned how to drive a Corvette.

My buddy has a 2000 Convertible, and that is where I learned to drive a C5, so when I picked up the Z06 I felt comfortable.

Driving the Z06 for the first time the day you pick it up is not a very good thing to do, this is not your grandpa's daily driver!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mods: None
Build Date: 6/21/01 (last day)
Purchased: 7/11/01

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
3rd Corvette here...

Had a 92 coupe, a 98 coupe, and now... the best Corvette ever! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Well in another 9 days anyway /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

·
Registered
151 Posts
First Vette ever. After spending untold thousands on Japaneese rockets, I'm Glad I waited.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Well Zipster.........Have had 4 others,but this will be my first "fast" one.../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Say 3rd Gear is the best....heh? Can hardly wait to find out../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
zman

·
Registered
165 Posts
Have always had a love affair with these cars but only owned two previously.

A '78 Silver Anniversary L82 and an '85 Coupe. I wish I could have kept the Anniv. car but no money back then.

Like others, it has been toooooo long and I can hardly wait for my trip next Thursday to the plant to watch 3330 go down the line.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is going to be my 3rd. Had a 1989 Coupe red/black 6spd, and then a 1992 red/black 6 spd. Always loved the car and wanted another but had no storage. Luckily, I can now stoe my toys in the garages at one of my investment properties.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My QS MOD 01 is my first Vette. I have driven many others. This is the finest American car I have ever driven. I had resisted purchasing a performance car for over 20 years. The cost/fun/performance quotient of the Z06 was irresistable.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
My Z06 is my second vette. My first was a '99 pewter hardtop. Drove it 20,000 miles as a daily driver. Got 36 MPG hauling four computers over 700 miles at 90 MPH. Chevy can't say that about any other car or minivan.

Carl, You are lucky, and spolied. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
629 Posts
Red 2002 Z06 will be my first new Corvette.

I have wanted a Vette since I was a little kid.
I have driven several including a couple Z06s and love them.

Carl

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
The Z06 was my first corvette. My dad has a '94 coupe with the 6-speed and I got to drive that a whole bunch. Plus I had a worked on '87 IROC (it'd run with the Z06), that was stolen 5 years ago.

The Z was the first C5 I'd ever driven. I'd sat in two previously on the dealer lots. At first it felt really different than my dad's car, and my IROC, but the more I've driven it, the more like those cars it feels (just much more refined).

I still miss the kick in the ass that the IROC would give when I pushed the throttle. The Z06 has no kind of torque in comparison (damn I need that 427).

1 - 20 of 52 Posts