1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
If you put a "healthy" cam in, then the reduction in gas mileage is to be expected, at least, thats what I saw. :yeadog: If misery loves company, then you got it (though, deep down inside, I really don't pay to much attention to the milegae thing...the car is just too much fun with all that added umph).

I've read posts where guys claim to be getting fantastic mileage after a cam install. It makes me wonder how they are detemining their mileage. if it's by the "instantaneous" computer mileage algorithm on the DIC, then I'm not certain as to how accurate that measure is. JMO.

Don

·
21,378 Posts
Don Benson said:
If you put a "healthy" cam in, then the reduction in gas mileage is to be expected, at least, thats what I saw. :yeadog: If misery loves company, then you got it (though, deep down inside, I really don't pay to much attention to the milegae thing...the car is just too much fun with all that added umph).

I've read posts where guys claim to be getting fantastic mileage after a cam install. It makes me wonder how they are detemining their mileage. if it's by the "instantaneous" computer mileage algorithm on the DIC, then I'm not certain as to how accurate that measure is. JMO.

Don
I'll second his motion!

Gas mileage? I don't need no stinkin gas mileage! :lol:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don Benson said:

Don

goign by the average miles thing on the cluster

·
Registered
267 Posts
What format is you scan in or is is just the pcm edit file. The only way to know if the tune is good is to run a scan log of 20-40 minutes in length. This will give you the results of the intermediate values (the ones you use 99% of the time). With the minor mods you have, you should not see any loss in milage. A great tune will give you a slight boost in milage.

How was your tune developed, chassis dyno, scan tune, canned tune of someone else, mail order tune, etc?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
gordy i was using auto tap to scan, did about 20-30 minute scan.
i have a big cam in there but i dont think it should drop that much idk.

I did a scan and sent the ls1edit file to somone on vetteforum and they tuned it for me. they work at a performance shop i just wanted to see if there were any tweaks i could do to get better mileage or anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts