Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I paid that for an 03 with chrome ZO6 wheels with 3900 miles last Sept. From a dealer in upstate NY and from what I see here, I probably paid too much, although it is hard to say when it comes right down to it. Offer him 34K and see what happens.

This is always so tough, you can look forever and not find the right car at the right price. The one I bought is QS with Mod Red interior, which is what I wanted. I got all the original paperwork. He started way higher, so I figured when I got to 39 there wasn't going to be a deal below that. As it turns out, from what I read here I probably could have squeezed a little more.

Let us know what happens.

Rich

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It should be a good price, but unfortunately it's about 3 to 4 thousand high for that amount of miles. Remember at 9,600 miles the tires are at least half worn out and new ones will cost around 1200.00 to replace with GY Supercars. :cheers:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Heck I'll deliver my 2004 w/ 6100miles to your door for that price. Actually 995 less. Yes mine is for sale MY/MR. I'll be in dallas March 4.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Scary the prices they are selling for right now :eek:

Jack

·
Registered
882 Posts
Are the chromies GM or aftermarket? :eek::

My guess is the dealer knows what he has and won't go much below $36,000 -- but never know unless you ask and show up prequalified or with a check! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
keep negotiating

Hey Bro, I am the Finance Director for a Mecedes/Toyota Dealer in Texas. That price sounds high and to give you a different perspectinve: We traded for a 2002 Z with 27k and gave $33,000 for it last May. Considering depreciation til now, that same car is worth bout $31K. The price/value differenc between any auto without a body style chang shouldn't be more than $3-4K. This means the dealer has about $34-35K in it. (unless he paid way toooo much). THE ONE THING YOU HAVE TO KEEP IN MIND IS: THIS IS A SPECIALTY CAR. IF YOU WANT A STEAL OF A DEAL GO BUY A PLAIN C5. They are plentiful right now, and that Z will run circles around them. Sometimes if you want to play with the big boys, you gonna take a few lumps................... keep negotiating with them and good luck.........
PS.... I love my Z06 and would have paid a little more than I did to get it.

Z06 FANATIC
Clint

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I think it's a little high. Keep negotiating to get the price down. If you can get it for about $35k it's a good deal. If you can get it lower, it's a killer deal! Don't focus on just one car; keep looking.

Good luck,
Alex

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Since I already own one, I think everyone ought to be paying upper 30's for these. Think about it - no more FRC's, this car is the pinnacle of the C5 line.

The replacement C6 Z06's will be twice the price. When it hits the streets, interest in C5 Z06's will definitely be there since many will not be able to afford a new one.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Zoomin has a good point.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I think the prices for '02s, '03s, and '04 will stay above $30,000.00 for a couple of more years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Too much $$$.
Why not look for one from a private owner. I found mine online in autotrader. 2003 TR/MR w/less than 2000 miles on it. Previous owner was a good guy and the car is mint. Paid $37K back in sept '04.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I looked at this car personally. It has Borlas and a few other non stock items on it cant remember. I wanted a stock one. I posted a previous thread concerning Corvette Palace. The owner Shannon copped a major attitude with me because I criticized a QS Z06 they had for bad rotors. I personally would avoid this place like the plague. This woman does NOT know Corvettes, even though she owns the place with her husband. Buy at your own risk. Dont waste the drive dude.
(my.02) :(

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
reproman said:
Are the chromies GM or aftermarket? :eek::

My guess is the dealer knows what he has and won't go much below $36,000 -- but never know unless you ask and show up prequalified or with a check! :D
I personally can tell you this place will come down ONLY 1k regardless if you have cash or a blank check. Snobby people too. Besides it's too much money.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nutbush said:
I personally can tell you this place will come down ONLY 1k regardless if you have cash or a blank check. Snobby people too. Besides it's too much money.

yea, the lady seemed to have an attitude yesterday when i called her.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts