Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 Electron Blue Z06 with 21,000 miles chrome z06 wheels, completely stock, excellent condition. Warranty is good until May 2006 or 36,000 of course. 33.5K

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Seems reasonably priced at the retail level. A little high on the miles for an `03 but if you are typical low-miles Z driver, the miles will correct itself over time - especially if you are going to keep the car.

Do a carfax.

See if you can get another 1,000 off. EB is such a gr8 color in this car!

Good luck and let us know! :coo:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
BTW:

NADA "trade-in" is a number that dealers rarely, if ever allow!

Dealers take in cars at wholesale - and most of them use GALVES (at least here on the East Coast).

The only time you will ever see "trade-in" numbers from NADA is if there are programs/dealer incentives on the new car. :)

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Looks like a good price to me! I say go for it! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
defender said:
BTW:

NADA "trade-in" is a number that dealers rarely, if ever allow!

Dealers take in cars at wholesale - and most of them use GALVES (at least here on the East Coast).

The only time you will ever see "trade-in" numbers from NADA is if there are programs/dealer incentives on the new car. :)
For what it is worth, every time I have traded a car in here in Houston (4 times), they gave me the NADA value - real simple, if they didn't I would have gone elsewhere.

Carmax is great at giving you a half decent rpice for your trade.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Price sounds good. Still, see if you can bring it down a little more.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
If the tires are new or like new, I'd say it's a good price. If it's going to need tires soon, figure another 1200.00 for tires (OEM). :cheers:

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's a lot less than what I spent on the same basic car. I paid $4,000 more for mine, which has 7,000 mi. & only 9 more months of warranty. I would have jumped on your deal, assuming the car is very clean.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Looks like a solid deal to me.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
It's an OK deal...you can do better if you're willing to wait.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Not a bad deal but check the obvious things. Brake rotors must be clean without gashes or grooves. Check under the car to see if there is damage to the splash pans. Check the front fascia to see if there are any major gouges there. Check exhaust and make sure it actually is stock. Ask to see all the maintenence records. Ask if any recalls have been performed i.e column lock. A look under the hood will tell you basically how the car was taken care if. If it's clean 9 out of 10 times it was well maintained. If it's filthy, there ya go.
With 20k miles you are probably looking at a new set of tires in the next few months. Take that into consideration. Good Luck.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
nutbush said:
Not a bad deal but check the obvious things. Brake rotors must be clean without gashes or grooves. Check under the car to see if there is damage to the splash pans. Check the front fascia to see if there are any major gouges there. Check exhaust and make sure it actually is stock. Ask to see all the maintenence records. Ask if any recalls have been performed i.e column lock. A look under the hood will tell you basically how the car was taken care if. If it's clean 9 out of 10 times it was well maintained. If it's filthy, there ya go.
With 20k miles you are probably looking at a new set of tires in the next few months. Take that into consideration. Good Luck.
perfect list!

good luck on your purchase!

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you think it's good then it's good. I paid more than that for my TR '03 in October but it had 12K miles. Go get it if it looks good based on the earlier posts. I would pay $5K more for mine if I HAD to buy it again. :drunken:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts