Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,
i am thinking about putting a system in my 04 Z. i was going to put 2 kicker solo 12"s running about 600 watts a piece to them in a custom fibergalss box. the question is with this being around 200-250 lbs or so, how much will the systems weight effect the handeling of my car? also, would i need to put dynamat in the car? thanks :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
That much weight will affect the handling of any car. It depends on what your plans are - just cruising - no problem. If your plans include track time, I would make whatever you do removable, so you can leave it at home when you want to drive "on the edge".

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
200lbs is alot especially if you put it in the trunk it will make the rear heavier and unbalance the car easier.Might work the traction control more.
You're not the guy that came thumpin and buzzin through my neighborhood late last night are you? :mah:

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
By the way, I once had a 300zx with twin 12's in it. One of the 12's died, and in that size car you could hardly tell any difference with just the one firing.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I could tell quite a bit of difference when I had my 2 13.5" JL Audio W6v2's in the back of my car. It definitely felt slower. Also, like MikeyB said, you really don't need that much in this car to make it sound good.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I want to watch your head implode and the doors explode off the car. 150 decibels will likely kill a human...

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
The sounds my exhaust makes is all the music I need!

:yeadog:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just recently installed a memphis 10" in the center of the trunk and with a 400 watt clarion amp that i mounted on the back of the partition. I can't imagine why you would want it any louder than that. My brother has a 2002 camaro with 2 JL 12"'s with a 780 watt amp and you cant tell the difference between his and mine. They can both get as loud as you will ever need them to be. :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
well i got two 10" solbaric kickers in my car getting about 650 watt a piece and well they kick nice but if i could go back i would choose a 12W7 over the two kickers and it leaves you space in your trunk as well.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
ninepoint5 said:
hey all,
i am thinking about putting a system in my 04 Z. i was going to put 2 kicker solo 12"s running about 600 watts a piece to them in a custom fibergalss box. the question is with this being around 200-250 lbs or so, how much will the systems weight effect the handeling of my car? also, would i need to put dynamat in the car? thanks :cheers:
despite my earlier humor, it really sounds like a kick-ass system. I am running two 350 watt JL Audio ams, Focal speakers, and a JL Audio stealth box in my Z06 - 600 -700 watts. Less than half of what you are proposing...also have one of Andy's awesome partitions. The system is phonemonal and Just can't imagine twice the wattage. I have never listened to it at "35" for more than a second and then usually just to show off... Best wishes.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
ScDFACHE said:
I want to watch your head implode and the doors explode off the car. 150 decibels will likely kill a human...
You are quite wrong my friend. I played 156.3db in my old truck :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: , and have seen much more than that.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I once saw a guy hit 163.6, sitting inside the vehicle, with no earplugs on. That was absolutely insane. It was a van with 15 JL Audio W3's and 15 1100W Memphis amplifiers. Let me tell anything above 140 is VERY LOUD. After a certain point, right about 146-148, it takes double the power to gain 3db's.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i seen a speaker and amp system for 600 on ebay that is designed for the c5 stock system maybe take a look at that...in such a tiny car like the c5 all you need is one 10....maybe a 12 if u like really deep bass...im waiting for my c6 zo6 then im going to put in a 10 inch with amp..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts