Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
You guys need to invite the FRC owners from the Corvette Forum to post here. I had an FRC which I traded for a ZO6, I never knew there was an FRC msg board. There are members like Chris Y2K and 99HrdTp who have FRC's and drag race, hang out on the boards.....let me put something on Corvette Forum....and here.....Kaya

·
Registered
0 Posts
Kaya,

If you post something like that over at CF, it will probably be deleted and you could possibly face banning from them. It's happened before. Best to let it slide. We have a good repore with Troy and we prefer to keep it that way. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
fcalmes said:
Kaya,

If you post something like that over at CF, it will probably be deleted and you could possibly face banning from them. It's happened before. Best to let it slide.
True...but there are other ways. Kaya IM'd me and I'm here. Besides, there is a debate about adding a section for the "old" FRC C5s over there. We could just come here instead.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
how bout this, i instant messaged the people who might be interested...better than a post....and cant get banned. Kaya

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
thank you for coming :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm staying out of it!! I know nuttin!! :lol: I have no control over what our members do outside of this forum. :D

FRC's are more than welcome here...besides, you guys are the roots of he Z06!! I've owned 3 FRC's before my 2 Z's. :cool:

Just so you all know, we have a 15K restriction on sigs. We are trying to make it easier for our dial up members. :)

Frank Calmes

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
wellllllll Frank you did invite me when I posted about my z06, what better way to get an FRC section going than to give a personal invite to FRC owners. You and I can both give input since we did and technically do still own FRC's.

hhehehe, luv ya and btw your wife was my inspiration.

Kaya

·
Registered
75 Posts
There's a bit of a movement starting on that other forum to give the FRCs a place of their own. Discussion is running pro and con.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Gramps said:
There's a bit of a movement starting on that other forum to give the FRCs a place of their own. Discussion is running pro and con.
Yeah, same thing happened last year over the Z06's. Lots of debate, but no action. So we started one, and the other forum started one the next day. :roll:

How long do you think it will take after this place gets jumping?? :-?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I like the other forum too, no offense. If I had a Z I would be here in a heartbeat and talking to all the Z's cause it's such a fixed number of people. As for FRC, there are not too many FRC made. I believe(but certainly not sure just what I think I saw) there were less FRC made than Z's? Is this true? also I'm not sure all that bought the FRC baught it for performance (like the Z guys did) Some may have just wanted the cheapest vette they could get. So the likelyhood of them joining a forum just to talk about mods is slim. Anyway to get back to the point, a FRC has a lot in common with the normal LS1 vettes out there. An engine mod on an LS1 can be done to the FRC. I would love to see a group of FRC start hanging out here ( I hope to own one by the end of the month) but it's unlikely since most look to the other forum for engine stuff and this forum for cosmetics. Just my 2 cents...
Brian

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's me, bought the cheapest Vet(s) I could get, not. :D
Coudn't afford the $500.00 more the Hatchback cost.:lol:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Yeah!

FRC Tom said:
That's me, bought the cheapest Vet(s) I could get, not. :D
Coudn't afford the $500.00 more the Hatchback cost.:lol:
I'm not a big buck kind of person. OH... I guess I do alright, but I've never been one to lay it out on the bar and compare sizes. I recently divested of my 86 ragtop. It was a wonderful car, but I wanted to get newer. I had had enough of the convertible hassles. Riding around with my top down isn't enough of a draw to make me spend the extra money. I was really interested in a coupe. Kind of the best of both worlds, without all the top maintenance.

I went down to Elco Chevy, just to kind of look at what they had. Really didn't intend to buy for another 3 - 6 months. However, I looked at the 99 Torch-Red FRC.... BAM!!!!! It was love at first sight. Two years old, 29k miles, a lease car, originally. It was pure and simple love. Maybe like being in love with a hooker ... I don't really know. Just knew what I felt. In my heart's eye, the ragtop and coupe pailed greatly in comparison.
I drove it home that day, and with my wife's blessing and backing.:eek:

345 HP is quite enough for now. No offense to you racers, but I haven't broken 100 mph yet. Do plan to do that once I know the car a little better. 170 mph? Have to be plenty of reason to drive my daily driver that hard. I will get it out eventually though. The past couple of weeks have been so busy that I haven't gotten over 600 miles on it yet.:roll:
But I'm an FRC addict until I get ready, maybe, someday to buy a Z.

Take care, and my apologies for prosyletizing so much.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Nobody with FRC'S

Hey Tom and all,

I'm new, and I just found out about this forum. So I would say give it some time.. I'll try and spread the word.

Just my .02 worth

Ernie King
2000 FRC Nassau Blue

1 - 20 of 27 Posts