Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked dealer today if they would install new shifter.They said not only would they not install it,that it would void any warranty related to transmission, shifter etc. Is this right.I know alot of ya'll have installed one.I don't have alot of money and can't afford a transmission if something would go wrong.Thanks for input.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I know of some dealer's that install aftermarket shifters, it depends on your dealer, some are better than others.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
HI there,
I am sorry, but I have never heard of that. However, it is a judgement call by the dealer.
Besttoyou, c4c5:z:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
No ...

Find another dealer. Installing the new shifter is not difficult. You need simple tools only, removing the stock shift knob is the hardest part. This is well documented here (search for shift knob) and instructions come with the shifter. If the new shifter causes your transmission to break, which is very unlikely, you could reinstall the stock shifter before taking it in for service. Simply installing the new shifter should not void anything, except missed shifts. Go for it, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Seems like it might be a good idea to keep all the old parts for potential re-install, doesn't it?

·
Registered
420 Posts
The dealer has to prove the shifter caused any damage. They can't just void a warranty due to the part being installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts