Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shoping around latley and I found a new 2004, not used, for 50k. Is it really worth that much? I dont want the Z thats coming out in august(probably to expensive)
and I dont want a used one because I prefer to break a new car in my own way, it is amazing how much more HP you can get over the factory specs if you break a car in. but anyways is that new 04 worth 50k?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
New 2004 Zee's are selling for 43K out the door. So that price is 10G's to high. :z:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
FlaminTires said:
I have been shoping around latley and I found a new 2004, not used, for 50k. Is it really worth that much? I dont want the Z thats coming out in august(probably to expensive)
and I dont want a used one because I prefer to break a new car in my own way, it is amazing how much more HP you can get over the factory specs if you break a car in. but anyways is that new 04 worth 50k?
That's almost sticker!!! A few months back 04's were going for $39K-41K...
Keep looking!
Ron

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
holy crap, as low as 40..I must be looking in the wrong places. I am willing to drive any where to get one new. almost anywhere. I have looked at autotrader.com and othe similar websites, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That is waaaayyyyy too much $$$...be patient my friend. And don't pay more than $41k! :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Way to much -- we got nearly 10K off sticker last May.

Chris

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
If anyone knows of a Left Over 2004 Z06 in the DC metro are, Maryland ect Let ME KNOW!!, I want an extra one then, for $43k out the door, thats a good deal :z:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
FlaminTires said:
holy crap, as low as 40..I must be looking in the wrong places. I am willing to drive any where to get one new. almost anywhere. I have looked at autotrader.com and othe similar websites, any other suggestions?
Go to GMbuypower.com and do a search by Zip code. Still many new Z06's left in the USA. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Yeah and many serious dealers were offering $10K to $14K under MSRP and that was about 6 months ago.

IT L GO said:
Go to GMbuypower.com and do a search by Zip code. Still many new Z06's left in the USA. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
FlaminTires said:
Keep monitoring Auto trader, also try Maxie Price & Kerbeck Chevrolet dealers. maxie I think is in Texas & Kerbeck is in Atlantic City, NJ. They're 2 of the biggest dealers & volume movers...Good luck! If used are an option, don't forget abut the for sale sx here!
Ron

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
What the hell are you guys talking about? The Z06 sell boom was started by dealers who were trying to sell their Z06 to get C6 allocations. That is long since over! In fact, the amount of Z06s for sale has started to dry up. If you look on the for-sale section here and on CF you won't see too many for sale. Furthermore, there are next to no "new" ie "never registered" Z06s on the lots left! $50K may seem like alot, but I'm sure to somebody who wants to buy the last brand new Z06 it's a deal.

What I would argue about is you insistance on buying a new C5 Z06. Break-in is not an issue. I would say find a nice used 03 or 04 and spend mid 30s to low 40s on it. There is no difference between a brand new 04 Z and a 10K mile 03Z or a 5K mile 04.

But if you want to buy one of the last brand spanking new Z06s be prepared to pay a premium on it.

-N

·
Registered
81 Posts
FlaminTires said:
Way to much!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
After the bulk of the cars were sold off, the '04's became rare, and some stopped heavily discounting them. If it's a new Z16, I wouldn't expect to get it for much less. The dealer has no real reason to deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts