Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I was at the dealer the other day to inquire about ordering some new Z16 wheels. He proceeded to tell me that I need a vin number to order these? Is this true? Does anyone have a vin number they can lend me to place the order? Please PM me and I will destroy the number after the order is placed. Also if anyone knows of a dealer or good pricing on this set please let me know this as well. Thanks all. :cheers:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes you did need a VIN # a few months ago to get Z16 wheels. I just went to the GMParts Direct Website and the note requiring a VIN # for 2004 Z16 Polished wheels is gone. Check Part Numbers Front: 9595433, Rear: 9595434 So you might try them.

If you don't find a VIN # and it is still required here is a ebay source. They are new Corvette Z06 2002 to 2004 wheels that have been polished. I purchase a set and they did have 3 very small blems in total but I could not see them from a few feet away. I took them to the best wheels shop in town and had them checked before I put tires on them and all 4 were true and straight and in balance. They had never had wheel weights on them so the outside rims were never marked up by wheel weights. I posted a question here and on the other Corvette website and asked if anyone had purchased them before I bought them and 3 or 4 guys had and loved them so I purchase a set.

http://search.ebay.com/Corvette-Z06-GM-wheels_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

And you can get the matching Z16 wheels center caps from vendors to the left 4 Z16 Hi-Polished Center Caps (Part # 9595436) for about $100.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dennis and Tom. :z:

·
Registered
106 Posts
The price for the Z16 wheels from GMPartsdirect looks to be ~$1,800.00 shipped. The ebay ones are $950 + $60 for shipping or $1,010 including shipping. Try some of the other venders to the left for a better pricing. The freight on the ones above seems high.

For both of the above:
Add ~ $100 for the 4 Z16 wheel center caps.

Add ~ $20 for chrome lug nuts & locks from the House of Wheels if you want the Factory Look lug nuts if you have the older type with the plastic screw on lug nut covers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts