Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe he lives in Daytona... So we need to coax him into driving over to the track.

------------------
QuickSilver with red/black interior, chromatic mirrors,
memory package and Lloyd Z06 mats

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Any other members own a '63 Z06??
z06vett has owned his for 38 years. /ubb/smilies/cool.gif

------------------
Tom
Quicksilver/Red Z06
Corsa Indy, B&M Ripper, Corvette Concepts Ram Air Induction

www.c5frc.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Looks like '63 Z06 is king of the hill!! /ubb/smilies/biggrin.gif

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
yea, 199 built, probably half smashed in a junkyard or totaled....another 20% growing weeds in a backyard or something /ubb/smilies/smile.gif

JC

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Holy Schitze Batman, It would be cool to have one of the few '63 Z06's. If GM makes a 2003 Z06 that would be the pair to have /ubb/smilies/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dave was at Daytona today and posted a brief report on the NCRS Forum. He said it rained most of the day. Hope he drives the Z06 over there to be with you guys. Did you say you have a Z06 corral? I know I wouldn't drive my mere mortal L76 SWC to a racetrack for a public event, unless I had some special parking arrangements.

Duke

------------------

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does Z06vett also own a 2001 Z06? NOW that would make him the GOD! Hopefully we can get him to bring the '63 over to the Rolex this Saturday. I am sure we can make room for him in the Z06 section of the C5Registry. He can certainly park next to me.
On the note of King, I think Frank Calmes rates up there pretty high in the royalty ranks since there are 2 Z06s in his stable. A 63 and 01 would be hard to top though.

------------------

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are currently more than 10 times as many 2001 Z06 on the road now than were built 38 years ago in '63, so I don't think too many '63 Z06 owners will show up here. I know Z06vett is going to Daytona, but don't know if he'll take the Z06.

You guys need to talk him into offing his new Mercedes and acquire a new Z06. I'm sure he'd be the only guy in the world with both.
/ubb/smilies/smile.gif

Duke

------------------

[This message has been edited by SWCDuke (edited 02-01-2001).]

·
Original Owner, 63 Z06
163 Posts
Hey I love my Z06 and I also like my CLK 430. That is a smooth V8. I traded my M3 in for the CLK. M3 nice sedan, plenty of pep but not a sports car in my mind but a grand touring car.

I hope to bring my car to the Rolex on both Friday and Saturday. What day is the parade lap? Tom please give me a call
See you all soon

Dave

------------------

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2001Z06:

FRC-Tom said that the Z06s will lead the parade lap. The last time I talked to the folks at the registry, there were close to 200 vettes signed up.
See you all there.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
There ar now 350 vettes.
The lap is to start at 10 Am, after 2 hours of filling out the release form.
I am in Daytona and trying to set up the ultimate end to the lap.
Daves '63 Z06 and a '01 Z06 side by side/ubb/smilies/biggrin.gif/ubb/smilies/biggrin.gif
Tom

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The parade lap is Saturday. I was told by the folks at the C5Registry to be there between 7:00 and 7:30 AM so they can start getting it organized. I don't recall the exact starting time of the parade lap. Maybe FRC Tom has more info.
The C5Registry has a "C5 Corral" in the infield along with a hospitality tent for the members to park. It should be very secure. There is no Z06 corral per say, but I know that several of the florida members have Z06s so I would expect most of them to be parked together.
FRC-Tom said that the Z06s will lead the parade lap. The last time I talked to the folks at the registry, there were close to 200 vettes signed up.
See you all there.

------------------

·
Registered
219 Posts
Proteam Corvette in OH. has a 63 Z06 for sale. Price is $79,000. 51,249 miles Black/Red. Does not appear to be as nice as z06vette's 63 though. Any 2001 Z06 Blk/Mod owners want to buy your baby's mama? /ubb/smilies/cool.gif

Wish I had the $$$ /ubb/smilies/frown.gif

------------------
QS/Black - Stock Z06
99 Z28
70 LT1 T-Top
70 Z28 RS
Amish Buggy (1 H.P.)

·
Original Owner, 63 Z06
163 Posts
We tried but were not sucessful in pulling it off. Thanks Tom for the effort. Wait until next year. I did get to park my car at the Chevy tent in the infield for two days which was a real hoot. Got to meet a tremendous number of people. See allnext year!

------------------

·
Registered
2 Posts
MAYBE ONE OF YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME OUT WITH THIS? I BOUGHT WHAT I THOUGHT TO BE JUST A 1963 MODIFIED CORVETTE. I HAVE HAVE HAD IT FOR OVER TWO YEARS NOW. EVERYWHERE I TAKE IT PEOPLE SAY DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT CAR IS? I SAY YEAH IT IS A MODED CORVETTE. THEY ALL SEEM TO THINK IT WAS A BACK DOOR PROJECT FROM CORVETTE. IT HAS MANY WIERD OPTIONS ON IT LIKE THE HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION WITH 7 LEAF SPRING, BIG BRAKES UP FRONT, RADIO, HEATER AND GAUGE DELETE PKG, BIG 4 INCH OFF ROAD SIDE EXHAUST, BIG FENDER FLARES AND NO BUMPERS FRONT OR REAR, WELDED IN ROLL BAR, NO TRIM ON THE DOORS OR DOOR LIGHTS AND OLD SCHOOL RACING SEAT BELTS. THE CAR AT FIRST GLANCE LOOKS LIKE IT DID NOT MAKE IT THROUGH THE 70'S WITH OUT GETTING A BODY KIT BUT WHEN YOU LOOK CLOSE IT HAS ALL THE FACTORY BONDING STRIPS EVERYWHERE AND THE FLARES WERE LAMINATED ON TO THE BODY AND GO THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH IT. AFTER SO MANY PEOPLE TOLD ME THEY THOUGHT IT WAS A FACTORY JOB I TOOK IT TO BOWLINGREEN TO SEE IF I COULD GET ANY ANSWERS. THEY SAID EVERYTHING ON IT POINTS TO IT BEING A FACTORY RACE CAR BUT HAVE NO RECORDS OF IT. IT HAS THE BLACKED OUT GAUGE PKG WITH THE 4 OUTSIDE GAUGES NEVER CUT OUT FROM THE FACTORY WITH THE ORIGINAL GAUGE PODS STILL BEHIND THEM. I HAVE YET TO FIND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THE CAR FROM BACK IN THE DAY BUT WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE INFO IF POSSIBLE. IF ANY ONE OF YOU CAN SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS IT WOULD BE GREATLY WELCOME. MY EMAIL IS [email protected]. I CAN SEND CLOSE UPS OF ALL THE OPTIONS ON IT. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME. ALSO FORGIVE MY TYPING SKILLS.LOL. THANKS ERIC.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
This is a very old thread! I believe that there are most likely no members that still have an original 1963 Z06. FYI...z06vette sold his in the Barrett Jackson auction for $188,000 in February of 2006.

·
Registered
669 Posts
smart man, thats right at when collector cars were at their peak

·
Original Owner, 63 Z06
163 Posts
So now I drive a 2007 Z06. It is a lot nicer drive for an old man but I still loved the original '63 Z06. I still have all of my old memories.
We have been building race boats and engines since 2006 and recently went over 90 MPH in a 44 cubic inch Mercury for the 1950's. Now that is a ride
Regards to my old and new friends
David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts