Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my HUD has quit. 04 w/ 4500 miles. WTF? anyone have any ideas? thanks i wouldn't mind a diagnosis before i call the dealer in the morning. :flaming:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes sir i considered a fuse issue. it quit right after i started it this evening. don't know where the fuse is located exactly. i did push all the fuses in again but that did not help.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts

You might want to use a test light on fuses 19 and 25. Fuse 19 is ignition power and 25 is battery power. Both are 10 Amp fuses and are located in the IP fuse block.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have to add something here i failed to mention. on the day before i was to take it to the dealer it came back on and went off a few times and then stayed on continuosly. it appearred to be lighter and then darker. the tech said he noticed the shade variation also. (without me mentioning it first) don't know still waiting on the part. thanks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It is probably the small rheostat wire that controls the dimmer on the dash switch. It is a very small wire that sometimes goes haywire.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update. it is fixed, but it was not minor.

the dimmer switch was not the culprit. so they ordered a new HUD. this did not fix the problem either.

they then sent the cluster somewhere (back to GM is what they told me) apparently for recalibration of some sort.

i am pleased they took the time and steps to remedy the situation, even though the explanation was not very informative. i am guessing they don't know what caused the problem.

anyway, so far so good. would hate to lose my HUD, i have come to like it being there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts