Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the Fest, that is.
If you have never attended - you need to. What a blast ! The events, the impromptu dinners, conversations, and hanging out with everyone under the arches . . . it doesn’t get any better than that - it truly was Too Much Fun !
It was so great to meet and hang with such a diverse group of nice people that share an interest in a great car. Now I can put faces with the screen names. :D
This week, I plan on making my reservations at the Hampton for next year.
A few things I learned at the Fest:
- You can never drink too much water when it’s 98 degrees F with 85% humidity
- If you go to buy a case of beer for the evening - get 2
- The Makers Mark tour is cool, but the real fun is getting there & back
- Always start the day with a full tank of gas
- Those telephones in the elevator really do work. I was stuck in the elevator with a family with 3 little girls (one of them totally freaked out & was crying) and Dave Hill (yeah, THAT Dave Hill).
- You can hit 150 MPH between the Hampton and Museum exits on I65. (right Norm?)
- The outdoor trash can at the entrance to the Hampton is WAAAAAAY too small.
- The local Sheriff drives a C5 - pretty cool
- There are a lot of people on this forum that really know how to drive
- Mr. Lembo’s car is LOUD - I was behind him on the MM run and had no problem hearing when he was on the throttle (and my windows were up with the AC and CD player blasting)
- At the end of the week that great gas mileage you got on the highway on the way to the Fest will be about half of what it was
- Some of these guys have more $$ invested in mods than I paid for my car

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
It's about time you finally made one.....Fest that is!!!
Great to meet you, and you are so right about the group. So diverse yet so committed to a similiar topic! Performance cars!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Z06Dad said:
Nice to meet you. You're a cool dude Bob.

:yeadog: I had a good time bs'ing at dinner and under the arches. Hope to see you again next year. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Good to hang out with you again Bob. We will have to catch another Manassas night with you and Panzer.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Yes, another one converted to the dark side...

It was great meeting you Bob, look forward to seeing you next year in BG.

Hang on for a couple of weeks on making reservations for next year, going to be working with the Baymont on a special deal for the Fest...

Mark

·
Registered
7 Posts
mdickie said:
Yes, another one converted to the dark side...

It was great meeting you Bob, look forward to seeing you next year in BG.

Hang on for a couple of weeks on making reservations for next year, going to be working with the Baymont on a special deal for the Fest...

Mark
:thumb:

Roscoe....

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Great meeting you, Bob! Thank you for making the trip back with me at "Z06 speed"! :D :D

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Great to meet you Bob, I know you'll be a fest regular now!
I sure am! Can any one say "Fest withdrawals"? :yeadog:

Jim

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Bob...I'm glad you finally made the Fest! :thumb: And how was Dave reacting to the screaming child? :D

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Bob, you said it for me too ...
And I will see you before next Fest!
Moderators ... can we who are no longer virgins get "Z06 Fest Member" added to our ID? :ity:
How about adding a "Mission count" after it ... "1" for us; "4" for the few, the proud, the early adopters :D :idea:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
2MchFun said:
At the Fest, that is.
If you have never attended - you need to. What a blast ! The events, the impromptu dinners, conversations, and hanging out with everyone under the arches . . . it doesn’t get any better than that - it truly was Too Much Fun !
It was so great to meet and hang with such a diverse group of nice people that share an interest in a great car. Now I can put faces with the screen names. :D
This week, I plan on making my reservations at the Hampton for next year.
A few things I learned at the Fest:
- You can never drink too much water when it’s 98 degrees F with 85% humidity
- If you go to buy a case of beer for the evening - get 2
- The Makers Mark tour is cool, but the real fun is getting there & back
- Always start the day with a full tank of gas
- Those telephones in the elevator really do work. I was stuck in the elevator with a family with 3 little girls (one of them totally freaked out & was crying) and Dave Hill (yeah, THAT Dave Hill).
- You can hit 150 MPH between the Hampton and Museum exits on I65. (right Norm?)
- The outdoor trash can at the entrance to the Hampton is WAAAAAAY too small.
- The local Sheriff drives a C5 - pretty cool
- There are a lot of people on this forum that really know how to drive
- Mr. Lembo’s car is LOUD - I was behind him on the MM run and had no problem hearing when he was on the throttle (and my windows were up with the AC and CD player blasting)
- At the end of the week that great gas mileage you got on the highway on the way to the Fest will be about half of what it was
- Some of these guys have more $$ invested in mods than I paid for my car
My first fest also and everything quoted above is so true. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MSiska said:
Bob...I'm glad you finally made the Fest! :thumb: And how was Dave reacting to the screaming child? :D
Dave was hiding in the corner. We both were a little concerned about having a prolonged stay in the elevator with a screaming child.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts