Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a definitive set of rules for ITE. I've visited improvedtouring.com, but can only find changes and updates.

I know Tony (ELF Z06) races in this class. Anyone have any input or links? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
ITE is more or less a "you don't fit any other class but you can come race class". As long as the car meets the safety requirements you can race. IT class is a DOT tire only. Not sure I'd run a Z06 with the IT group.....

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
In regional SCCA race, T1 is normally put with ITE. BTW ITE is IT "Everything>" :eek2:

Some pretty neat stuff; in fact Touring Challenge for Corvettes (TCC) runs as an ITE group when they race with SCCA events.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Running a T1 car with ITE cars can be a pain, but it can also be very fun and challenging. My 4 regionals I ran with ITE GT1, SPO and the like, sadly some the SPO cars are ex-nascar cars and make the track a MESS, but for instance, in the ITE class there is the TCC, as well as various other cars at varying speeds. I ran with a fellow T1 car at my first VIR race, but at Summit I ran heads up with a Porsche 933 GT2 (looked like an ex-GT2 car at least and went like hell down the straights) and a ex- mid 90's World Challenge Camaro, a lot of fun as they go down the straights faster, but I could eat their lunch every where else. At the VIR Reg's in May, TCC was down there, so they were in ITE, the faster cars would walk down the straights, but everywhere else we were even, I found my self doing battle with 2 Porsche GT3 Cup cars only to loose contact because of SPO car that I thought would go past all 3 of us, be he parked him self between me and the Porsches. At Pocono in 03 my dad ran up against a Viper CC with a T1 car and well, uh, taught the driver, it doesn't matter how much HP you have, you still have to drive the turns, and beat him twice!!!. I think you would learn how to be more opportunistic if you ran against other cars of varying driver and car potential for a few races. In T1, say at the last National at Mid Ohio, Freddy Baker, Heinricy, Roush, and I had a 4 car train all race long, but it took a mistake to make any ground up as the cars are so evenly matched. When Roush spun and collected Heinricy it left me and Baker, and for the last 5 laps we were nose to tail hardly giving an inch up anywhere. Somehow I managed to get by him under braking into Turn 7, but just because I don’t think he was expecting it, or thought I could pull it off.

I think the main purpose for ITE is to take ex-world challenge and higher class firehawk, Motorola cup cars and give them a place to run, as well as ex-touring 1/2 cars Because of age). Some regions are pretty strict on the rules I’ve heard (if there really are any?) in the north east, and at least the WDC, and PA/NJ regions don’t seem to really care what’s running as long as it’s safe.

If I get time (well when I pry my self away from GT4 long enough, I will post some videos of some battles with ITE cars w/ a T1 car.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Man, AJ! That's the most I have EVER heard you say all at once! You feeling OK, son? :p

·
Registered
168 Posts
Would a NASA AIX car fit into this category? I would actually love to run some SCCA races with my AIX car when the time comes but have yet to find a similar class.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Would a NASA AIX car fit into this category?
Potentially. You should review the rules and see. In hindsight I don't think the IT rules allow (in spirit) the same level of modifications that an AIX car could go to.

I know a good SCCA American Sedan car can run with the upper level (but not the best) AIX cars. Ed Hosni ran AIX at Mid Ohio in his A/S Mustang and qualified and raced in the top ten, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
David Pintaric said:
Man, AJ! That's the most I have EVER heard you say all at once! You feeling OK, son? :p
That's what I was thinking... :D

Nice post AJ.

In the Midwest Division last year, a more or less ex WC Z06 cleaned up in ITE. I raced against him a few times. He had way too much HP for my T1 car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts