Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I guess all this waiting has finally got to me! I can't sleep at all tonight.

I'm going to take a shower, slug some coffee, wake the family, and leave to go pick the car up! Should be out of here by 3:30AM. Am I sick or what? :D

It's 300 miles to Dearborn. I've got a full tank of gas. It's dark, and I'm wearing sunglasses.

I Should be there by 8AM when the dealer opens! :D :D :D

G

·
I was the same way when I bought mine....

We test drove a red one one day.... thought about it that night, stayed up until 3:30 searching the net realizing we really wanted a silver one... found one and had to wait for the dealer to open the next day.... by lunchtime I owned it.

I don't know how you people order them and wait months. It must be very agonizing....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Speedy, yes, "agonizing" is the right word for it. There are a lot of us prospective owners waiting alright; many of us compelled to go out of state to get a fair shake on a new Z06 purchase.

Sadly, there are now several new '02s sitting on local dealers lots that create a great temptation and make continued waiting almost unbearable. But we continue to wait with great anxiety.

Why do we wait? Because to do otherwise means the local dealers (here in CA anyway, as I'm sure you've heard) can take unfair advantage expecting us to blindly fork over much more of our hard earned money than they deserve just so the most impatient among us can have instant gratification.

To our credit we continue to keep cool heads and patiently wait for our out of state deliveries of seemingly precious few Z06s to go around.

The only thing worst than all this confounded waiting is to preyed upon while being sucked in to doing business with woefully greedy Z06 Chevy dealers. :mad:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Yellow Z is Awesome!

Pat:

You will probably get your car before you read this but I wanted to let you know I did check out your car before driving mine home yesterday. Your Millennium Yellow Z was in the prep area and it looked beautiful!!! :smile: :) :) :) :)

Drive safely & enjoy your trip home! :guiness:

Zippy :) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts