Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's official. I am a member of the club.
Oh what a car, oh what a drive home.
First a disclaimer, pictures are on real film, so I will scan them when I get them at the end of the week.

Flew up to Nashville and drove into Bowling Green Thursday night (11/1) for Friday morning pickup.
Went to the museum and met Karen, my delivery person. I had heard rave reviews about her delivery, and I holeheartedly second them. What a great time.
Saw some behind the scenes items (pics to come soon) and then she surprised me by opening a door from the delivery bay right to my car.
Oh WOW! Only the second EB Z06 I had seen. The first was the day before on the back of a truck trailer when I was in Nashville. The color is amazing.
The delivery was flawless. Had the banner as most of you saw. I bet it actually worked too. There were a few schools touring the museum Friday, and most saw me and the banner. They couldn't figure out why I got to sit in the car and were clammering to get in next. Then they found out it was mine and went nuts. I will be in lots of their pictures.
When we left, the outside camera moved because there were school buses in the way and all of the kids were outside. They all wanted me to rev the engine so who am I to deny such young inquisitive minds. Mental note, next time I try to light up the tires, turn off the traction control!! Doh. Still left in a hurry.
The only time I broke the break in rule enough to worry about it.

Met up with Z06bandit and cyaford for some pics of our new blue beauties. Hope they come out ok.
The drive home was pretty cool. Another mental note. Eastern Arkansas is one of the most boring places I have seen. Stick to the interstate and get out fast, don't take the backroads like me. Blah.
On mile 501 on the odometer just happened to come to a turn in the road. Second gear about to redline from 10 mph roll. Oh yeah, this is going to be a fun car. I am going to get in a lot of trouble.
Now Western Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma had a great scenic drive through some National Forests and mountains. With the colors changing, it was spectacular.
The rest of the trip home, fairly uneventful. No tickets, no real scares (except when the radar detector tried to die - kept shutting off).

The car. Uderly incredible!!! Plenty fast enough for me. I don't have many funcitional mods planned.
I thought the radio was clear, but lacking some punch. Maybe a sub???
The shifter that everyone hates, I like. The knob is ugly, but fairly comfortable for the way I shift. It popped out of first twice, but I didn't have it fully engaged, my bad, not the shifters.
Skip shift, the devil's invention. That will be gone soon.

A killer car worth all my hard earned pennies.
Thanks to everyone here for helping with the wait.

I will install the partition soon (after I check the color - looks like it should be just fine, or close enough) and some other basics like a power antenna and some tint.

I will post the pictures separately.
chris

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Congratulations on many miles and smiles to come! Like everyone else says... Post Pix!:cheers:

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Ditch that stock shifter garbage and pop on some cold air and you'll really appreciate that beast :)

Congrats!

JC

·
Registered
496 Posts
Congrats on finally getting the car.

I agree, dump the stock shifter.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CorvetteSS,
A big thanks to you most of all. When I didn't know for 100% sure if that was the car I wanted you were nice enough to let me come for a ride and even a little drive in your car. That was the clincher for me.
It was a long wait, but well worth it. What a great car.

I know everyone hates the stock shifter, but I will be keeping it for a while. I am happy with it and don't want one like the ripper where you need such an effort to move it side to side.

chris

·
Registered
0 Posts
Congrats Chris!! I feel your excitement!! :cool:

If you have those pix put on a CD, you won't have to scan them. Really convenient and there forever!! :)

Stock shiter.... :puke: The first time you miss 3rd gear during a fast hard shift, you will wish you had one. :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey Chris! I was nice meeting up with you and Bob. I've been down the Trace 2 more times since then. I only have 370 miles on the car. :( .... I can't wait to do some WOT runs.... The pics I took with the camcorder are AWEFUL!! All the pics are distorted and you can barely make out the Z06VETTE.COM banner. Looks like I'll be investing in a good digital camera soon. I was hoping that you and Bob would be posting pics. ............ Take care!!

Ted

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congrats on the car!!!Nice meeting you and Ted....I will post my pics this week....kind of dark as my son was too far away with the flash, but you get the idea...3 great EBs.

I have 1050 miles on my car....its very strong and kind of scary for a novice like me...my son loves it and brought four of his buddies over to show it off...i let him drive them around the neighbor hood.

One problem...i got an electrical short....my lights went out and my headlamps will not come up...try that while driving 70 miles an hour at night on a country road in east texas....i was ticked...but made it to nearest town..spent the night and drove home in daylight....car goes in the shop for them to fix....Darn it...but WOW, I love that exhaust and like you chris...the shifter is ok with me.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Incredable color

Hi Chris,

Not shoving it into 1st far enough is a common problem when you first get the car. The shifting light is interesting when sometimes you find yourself not able to get it into 2nd gear. When I got home I read the instructions and now I don't have a problem with it. Enjoy your new ride. :cheers: :cheers: :) :) :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Congrats

Congrats on your new EB Z. We now have 2100 miles on our 02 EB/blk. It just gets faster and more fun every day. You soon will want to just drive and drive. I'm still learning about WOT, shi$, it gets to red line so fast don't have much time to love the feel. I have had two times that I missed the shift to third, hate that. It is one awesome beast for sure. Take care, have fun and keep us up to date as to all the fun you have.:cheers:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Chris:

Nice write up on your NCM delivery and drive home.

The more you dirve it, the more you will want to! :cheers:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congratulations:D You will be very happy with the color.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
OFFICIAL "NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!"..............

CJ, made "THE", FATAL error..........................:D
When someone offers you a ride, and or a test drive..........
DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UNLESS, you are ready to drop a wad................
Cause', like he said......there ain't NO goin' back......once you go through 4 gears.............NO GOING back......almost like makin' a deal with the Devil!!!!!!!!:yeadog: :sneaky:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Chris big congrats on the car!!! Not to be repetitive but a Ripper completely changed the car. Short throw is an understatement; super short throw is better. Positive shifting is the best words I can use to describe it. When you put it in gear it is there and not coming out. When you go for third, that is where it goes, not first:eek: Did that once and let up on the clutch about 10% and my face still almost hit the steering wheel:(

Congrats again on the purchase and have a blast. It doesn't get any better than a Z!

Woohoo!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Having this car really has changed things in my life, and it hasn't even been a week. I drive differently and am more conscious about some things, especially where I park, and making sure there are no idiots around me when driving.
Gotten more compliments in the first two days than I ever did on my last car. Such fun.

Almost 1200 miles. I need to get in to the dealer and get the oil changed and have them address two rattles I have. Pretty big ones.

As far as the pictures, bandit and cya, I hope they come out. I was afraid they wouldn't. The film is being developed. We will see what they come out like and how they can be enhanced if need be. I will post them towards the end of the week.

Driving to work is much more fun. Now if only I could drive on the highway to work. Oh wait, I can!!

chris

1 - 20 of 30 Posts