Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Maybe the new Z06 is 'priceless' already. Or maybe it's just a silly game. Or maybe, they are embarassed to say what the price will be. Could be they are afraid to tell us now, for fear we will buy them. Maybe they don't want to sell them. Maybe, they have no idea how to run a business. I'm a small business owner. When someone wants to give me money, I tell them how much.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Still another 2 weeks, they are still consulting with Ouija (wee-gee) board. :p

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
IT L GO said:
Still another 2 weeks, they are still consulting with Ouija (wee-gee) board. :p
2 weeks? They're supposed to be accepting orders by then! Only an idiot would order something and not ask "How much?"
Oh yeah, GM thinks we're all idiots, I forgot!

·
Registered
640 Posts
itsaz said:
2 weeks? They're supposed to be accepting orders by then! Only an idiot would order something and not ask "How much?"
Oh yeah, GM thinks we're all idiots, I forgot!
Amazingly, there are folks on this very board who have already ordered one without knowing the price. Not me of course, but some of our well known members.

Be careful what you say. ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yes, I'm fairly irritated with GM for holding out this long. Just end this pointless charade and think of all the threads we could save that start with "I know the price - secret source blah blah blah".

Regardless I'm perfectly content with my old Z and have no problem losing to a 500 hp ls7. Things will be very interesting when a junk bond company has another ZR1 on their hands.

Don't forget, the turbo transam also stickered around 33-36k when nothing else came close. How did that turn out?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
bjaber said:
It's not June here yet (Calif). Knowing GM, they'll call from Hawaii and say, it's not June yet!
No. They'll call from Guam and say it's not June yet! :cen:

OOPS! Forgot about the Dateline! Then I guess they'll call from Detroit and say vee vill tell yoo ven vee feel like itt! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Plenty of salesman telling customers what the prices re and even the mark ups. I'll buy it when I see it posted by a forum dealership rep. :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
I thought everyone already knew that the LS7 valvetrain isn't holding together and they are still finalizing which parts are actually going to be used, and until they have the final parts - they won't release the price because they don't know yet.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I guess they are baiting us. I hope not. Keep the faith
and let's see the car comes in at +/- $57,600.00 base coupe. :thumb:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Jay2002WS6 said:
I thought everyone already knew that the LS7 valvetrain isn't holding together and they are still finalizing which parts are actually going to be used, and until they have the final parts - they won't release the price because they don't know yet.
That is the second time I have ever heard of that and both times from you. I just think that is such a load of crap! Whereever and however you got your information, it is just inconceivable that any automaker will risk putting out a product after 7 years of development and not sure one key componenet of the motor is going to hold up. :screwy:

This only is the flagship of the whole GM, and you are telling me that one month from full blown production, it can't get its valve train to hold up? This is the Most rediculous rumor anyone can dream up! :eek:

·
Registered
469 Posts
TetraU said:
That is the second time I have ever heard of that and both times from you. I just think that is such a load of crap! Whereever and however you got your information, it is just inconceivable that any automaker will risk putting out a product after 7 years of development and not sure one key componenet of the motor is going to hold up. :screwy:

This only is the flagship of the whole GM, and you are telling me that one month from full blown production, it can't get its valve train to hold up? This is the Most rediculous rumor anyone can dream up! :eek:
I'd consider Jim Conforti a pretty credible source..........

See the following thread:
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81497&page=2&pp=15

Post numbers 17 and 24...

Of course I suppose a lot of this could have changed between 5/23 and today... especially since they've had the product in development for 7 years... ;)

1 - 20 of 111 Posts