Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moderators: Please forgive me if this is in the wrong section. I just want as many people as possible to know this. Thanks!

Yep, I have the '01 wheels. Just like Z06Lady and a few others have said. Looks like I got the best of both worlds!! :D The C5 Registry MY Z06 was there, and I immediately saw that the spokes were thicker on theirs. Adam then measured the wheels and confirmed this. Also, there's a big dimple where the stamp is on the '02s and no dimple on the '01s. We felt on the inside of the rims and that's what it felt like. OK, the car has completed another cool down cycle. Time for some more miles!!! :D :D

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Live this morning

Hi Cya Ford,

I saw you and your wife ( I believe) looking over the car . How did you like the Museum delivery? It was neet seeing the car last nite and also the yellow one @ the #2 delivery area. Did you hold up the banner?

Sanford

·
Registered
282 Posts
My car was built the day before they started using the 2001 wheels. I like my 2002 wheels a lot. :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the '02 wheels, and my Z06 was built 9/01.
I'll stick with the 1.5lb lighter wheels.

The spokes on the 2001's are noticeably thinner once you compare the two. The easiest way to tell if you have a '02 wheel is get a small mirror and look behind the spokes. You'll see the speedline name stamped on the back of one of the spokes.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TeddyZ06 said:
I have the '02 wheels, and my Z06 was built 9/01.
I'll stick with the 1.5lb lighter wheels.

The spokes on the 2001's are noticeably thinner once you compare the two. The easiest way to tell if you have a '02 wheel is get a small mirror and look behind the spokes. You'll see the speedline name stamped on the back of one of the spokes.
You're right. Or you can do what I did. With your fingertips, feel behind the spokes. If you feel a somewhat smooth stamp, it's a '01. If you feel a hole, or dimple along the stamp, it's a '02. That's how I determined mine....... The only bad part is this might cost me .0002 in the 1/4. Of course knowing my luck, it will cost me .5 :D

IMO, both rims are equally impressive. One is slightly lighter, and one is slightly stronger. It's a win-win situation.....

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
bibsuit said:
I'm skipping the preliminaries and going straight for the buy-back!:D
ROTFLMAO !!

Perfect .. I can just see it! Drive into the local GM dealer with a ruler and flashlight and little mirror and start complaining about the 'wrong' wheels on the car. 'Just look here! This spoke is 1/32" smaller than the one on THIS car!'

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Larger spokes

I put the 1 and half pounds back on my 2002 wheels. I had them chromed , and they look awsome on my Electron Blue car. More shiny surface area.

Sanford

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fast forward to the year 2030, where a fierce arguement breaks out at a car show when cyaford is docked points for incorrect year rims......:D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Fast forward... in 2030 when they check the VIN number, they'll know that he/she has the correct rims. :roll:

The trophy will be awarded on the forged rims alone. ;)

Don

KeystoneZ06 said:
Fast forward to the year 2030, where a fierce arguement breaks out at a car show when cyaford is docked points for incorrect year rims......:D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That was a good one. As of now, I don't plan on entering any car shows in the future. Unless it involves speed contests. :D ..... Like Don said, if they check the VIN#, they'll know that my '01 rims were in fact installed at the factory. Hell, it should be worth some bonus points!! *LOL*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts