Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a fairly new Z-ower (Sept) I've been on the sidelines reading through posts on this forum, and I've learned quite a lot. Thank you for all of the honest and sometimes "interestingly presented" information.

I have an '03 Z, its stock so far except for a tunnel plate. I'll keep it for 2 years or so, until I can get a C6 Z used - so I'm carefully spending my money. My Z is almost a daily driver, but it'll make it to about 8 DE's per year. I'm fairly agressive, but am not interested in swapping tires & pads at the track or trailering my car for each event. I don't like check engine lights and poor drivability would give me an aneurysm.

That being said, here's what I'm thinking about doing:
- Supermax header system (I'm told that a full 3" won't change much so I'm saving the money)
- Sticking with Stock Ti's
- Halltech Trap (could I save a few pennies and get a stinger without loosing torque?)
- New ignition wires and Cool Sox
- AC Delco Ceramic Pads (i don't like dust - hope these'll do OK on the track)
- SS brake lines (Can I just go with Goodrich or will I start throwing codes without Malletts & AF Connectors?)
- Motul 600 fluid (done up with a Tech2)
- Lowering it on stock bolts - 1/2 - 3/4" only
- '04 shocks
- Pilot Sports - stock sizes & wheels
- Slightly more agressive alignment
- Slotted brakes when I burn through the OEM's
- No tune as the $700 with such slight mods might not yeild much bang for the buck??
- Thinking about having Tony's Corvette Shop do the work

Given my objectives, anyone think I'm doing the wrong thing? (sure hope my Mom doesn't subscribe to this forum as I know what she'll say....)

Thanks in advance for the worthwhile feedback and the benefit of your experiences.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
IMO AC Delco Ceramic Pads are no good for the Track
To take full advantage of your Headers you will need a Dyno Tune. :z:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IT L GO -
What pads to you like that cross from street to track? How much is a tune in the Lauderdale area?

PS:
I did a Justin Bell school in Henessy Vipers at Moroso - between the track and Rachel's i had a great time! Nice part of the world

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Say "whosyourdaddy" , where in MD are you from, and what Z06 do you have, As far as your Mom's attitude to modding, that's what my parents think, I guess that's why 2.5 years and counting and still bone stock :coo: , But Im guessing your a youngen like myself by your comment :lol: , as far as the headers and no tune, IT L GO is right as far as everyones experiences, BTW, I heard a basically stock Z06 yesterday other then a full Kooks exhaust system with the stock Tis and I'll be dam*ed, It was quieter then My bone stocker :jawdrop: , I did noticed it reved freely more then mines obsviously, that's an awesome thing because I want a sleeper myself, cant stand loud mouth cars! :lol: so thats pretty much the setup I'll be looking for :thumb:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
COUTO1981 -
I realized that's the impression I'd give, but not until after I sent the post. I'm almost 40 and my Mom still kicks my a$$ at will - I'm way more afraid of her than my wife.

I'm in Potomac with an EB Z06 just like yours

·
Registered
413 Posts
WhosUrDaddy said:
So? Do this all look right? No glaring errors?
i would still do the tune, should be able to find for $400...it is the final piece that pulls the new mods together plus changes the factory settings optimize for clean and responsive driving. can gain up to 10-12rwhp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts