Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my car today from Kerbeck in AC, NJ. The car came in exactly when they said it would (TPW was 8/13)and was in excellent condition. I saw one TINY spot on the paint on the upper part of the rear quarter, looked like a piece of dust landed on the wet paint, but that was really reaching. Sales staff was great, very supportive and no hassles or surprises. Got to see the most new Corvettes I've ever seen at one dealer (at least 20-30) including 6-8 MY and 3-4 EB cars. Saw three black 2002 Z06's, one of which was mine /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .

Got to battle traffic on the AC Expressway and through center city Phila. on the way home. Here are my driving impressions.

In a word, the car is impressive. Within 5 minutes of leaving the lot, I stopped thinking of how much money I had just spent /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif That is the testimonial that counts.

The climate control was top notch, A/C was outstanding, and the drivers seat was almost too adjustable. I fiddled with the thing almost all the way home, discovering at least fourteen "perfect" settings for the memeory function to remember. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Visibility to the rear was a little tricky at first, and driving on the Schuykill Expressway at 5:00 PM is not the place to discover that the side view mirrors are not perfectly adjusted. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I have test driven a 2001 coupe with manual trans, and by comparison the 2002 Z has a noticeably heavier clutch pedal effort, but still very smooth and easy to use.

The car exhaust was remarkably quiet, and so was the tire noise, except on concrete highway, where they were a bit noisy. Overall, the car feels rock solid, with a firm ride that was never twitchy or choppy, just firm and smooth. The exhaust note virtually disappers in 6th gear at highway speeds, which is fine with me. I like to really hear it when I put my foot into it, but not otherwise, and my car seems to do just that.

The engine ran great, one of the most docile performance cars I've ever driven. I kept it below 4000 RPMs, so no performance runs yet, but it really starts to pull around 2800. It doesn't have the low end torque of my 455 cu. inch Olds 442 (500 lbs./ft.)below 3000 rpm, but it feels just as strong from 3000-4000, and I'm sure it pulls right off the dial. It is a VERY impressive power plant and I'm delighted with it's performance so far. Only 375 miles or so until the real unveiling of my LS6.

The brakes are simply perfect, with perfect pedal feel and nice control. No aggressive braking yet, but hit the pedal and the car feels like sombody threw an anchor off the back. Can't wait to get everything properly broken in and use the brakes a bit.

My thanks to everyone on this forum. Your honest feedback, positive and negative, helped me make a major purchasing decision, and I appreciate your help. Now, I better run out to the garage and make sure the car is OK..... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Oh, and my wife wants "BATGIRL" license plates. She has already seized control of the car. Should I give in and let her get them? She did deliver a hell of a 35th birthday present to me!!
Regards,
Scott
2K2 Blk/Blk Z06

·
Registered
878 Posts
Sounds sweet! Can't wait 'till I can realize why I waited so long and spent sooo much... Enjoy!!!

PS: Not sure about the whole BATGIRL thing.. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Congrats on the gift! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

But... how 'bout BATMOBL instead of BATGIRL? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

I mean... what will the fellas say at the dragstrip? C'mon... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

She'll understand...

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Nice story. I loved dealing with Kerbeck, we need to get a banner up there....

Called them awhile back, they aren't doing adverts but he said he spoke with the manager and Z06Vette.com is first on the list! WooHoo /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JC

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Welcome to the club, and remember it only gets better from here! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'm not secure enough with my sexuality to go with the license plate idea, but maybe you can do it!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frank- Yes it was worth the wait. I hang onto cars for a long time, and this one will be no exception. It feels good to step into the 21st century after years of 60's vintage muscle cars /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

thx2.net-- My wife has decided the car has a female personality /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif , and looks like the Batmobile, hence the name. She has discovered the Corvette forum bookmarks in my "Favorites" menu, and has been surfing the sites. I've had to tell her at least 10 times that "EB" stands for Electron Blue /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif Anyhow, she spotted that Tweety Bird exhaust plate that is on a MY coupe on the other forum, and wanted one of those. Maybe the "BATGIRL" plates are the lesser of two evils. This car better haul a$$ at the strip or I'll get laughed off the track with that plate.... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Your report sounds like most new buyers. The visability always takes getting used to in a new car. Busy traffic can be an unforgiving teacher, but you made it back OK.

Congratulations. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
878 Posts

On 2001-08-21 00:11, Keystone spewed forth this drivel:

Maybe the "BATGIRL" plates are the lesser of two evils. This car better haul a$$ at the strip or I'll get laughed off the track with that plate.... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
You'll get laughed at no matter what /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif with BATGIRL on your Vette... but it'll all be in good fun.. yeah right.. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm with AgentZ06 on this ... go with BATMOBL instead... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Tell her that she can put BATGIRL on HER Z06 -- then you could put BATMAN on yours and have a matching pair /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Congrats on the new Z. I can't wait for my EB to show up in a couple of weeks /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. I kills me to hear all these 'just got it' stories, but soon I'll be posting the same thing /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Congrats on your beautiful new ride! I grew up in Reading, Pa but most of our family was from Phila. I remember lots of "exciting" rides on the "Sure Kill Expressway". /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I will be picking up my baby in two days (daze?) and I will remember to pay special attention to visibility out of the car.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Enjoy your car what a beast!

·
Registered
198 Posts
BATGIRL... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I love it. I promise, if I ever see you at the track, that I will not laugh /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Congrats on the new ride, you are going to love it. I can't wait to finish typing this post so I can go for a spin in mine. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
575 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.
BATGIRL /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif Why not be PC and go for BATPRSN! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Miles of Z06 smiles to ya!
Bob

·
Registered
165 Posts
Keystone- Scott, great initial report. Great color also (love black). Be sure to get ahold of Carl V. and put some Zaino on it. I already have two coats and the paint is just awesome.

Welcome to the forum. Since you keep a car for awhile, are there any mods planned in the future? LOVE THOSE MODS!!!

Best of Luck to you,
Ken-

·
Registered
376 Posts
Keystone,thats great!btw,did you happen to see a qs/red Z06 while you were there? my tpw was 8-13 and was built 8-17 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i hope i am as happy with Kerbeck as you seem to be,good luck with your new car! steve and kat-women /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Great news! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Glad to hear about a good *dealer* delivery experience... Be sure to give us an update after the break-in point. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Has anyone heard, did Zippy get his car yet?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts