Corvette Z06 Forum banner

I've made it back and.........WOW!

2K views 28 replies 24 participants last post by  Vetteless 
#1 ·
for all you want to listen to me ramble, as I'm probably still not thinking straight! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Well…..what can I say?? Just awesome. The car is everything everyone said it would be. We had a great time in Bowling Green. Too bad it was raining. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif It did manage to stop just as we were leaving so I guess that was good. Anyone “on the fence” regarding the museum delivery, I would definitely recommend it. As an added bonus, we had Adam Boca as our fearless tour guide. Adam was very knowledgeable in all aspects of the corvette. The plant tour was just sweeeet. I was able to start someone’s black Z06! (and actually Adam was kind enough to give me the build sheet…I’ll post the sequence number as it could possibly be someone here???) Adam….if you’re out there….thanks again for the great visit and let’s get you hooked up with a banner. (to use on z06vette.com of course /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

Back to the car….the car ran very well on the way home. We took mostly back roads for the first 500 or so miles then hit the highway for the remainder of the trip. The car seems to run very strong and handles nice and tight. Amazingly, I found the seats to be very comfortable on the long ride. By the time we got back to my house, we racked up 999 miles!! What a blast.

I need to give a quick thanks to my dealer Bob Benedix @ Bill Estes Chevrolet in Indianapolis. What a great guy. Thanks a million for getting me in a Z so quickly and painlessly!!!

JC…sorry about THE shirt. I tried the paper trick and, unfortunately, it didn’t come out too well…yes I f’d it up. And I didn’t have time to make another one. I really wanted to give you some good exposure for the site! Maybe I can help with something next time??

Manatee…thanks so much for sending over the images.
FYI….I will be posting a movie of my delivery soon. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As for the signature banners…I still have a few of you guys waiting for banners. There are about 4(?) that are quicksilver. I’m waiting to pick up some good qs images to use.
As far as anyone else that has requested one….i will add you to my list and try to keep plugging away.

Thanks for listening and sorry for the length.
-jason

here's some eye candy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

See less See more
#6 ·
Jason,
Glad the trip to BG was all you expected
it to be, and that you love the ride.

I'll mail your window sticker out on Monday,
(carefully rolled in a tube).

***need pix for my wall***

Thanks for the kind words.

Bob

#7 ·
Love these stories. Thanks for posting the story and the great pic of your 2002 in front of the Museum. That always makes a great pic. Many great miles in you new Z06 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Bob

#8 ·
Jason,

Congrats on the car! We were waiting to hear from you. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mark

#9 ·
Congratulations! Sounds like one of those "experiences of a lifetime". I have not heard whether my other posts have put my sig modification on your list but I sure want to be. You are VERY talented. Enjoy the new ride and when ever you can get around to it......

#13 ·
Jason, CONGRATS BRO!

Glad to hear that it's everything you thought is was gonna be! I am relatively new on here and can't wait to get my Z in the next couple weeks being that it is ACTUALLY built now...hehehe /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I keep seeing all the different Sig. for everyone on here,and they tell me YOU DA MAN! CAN YOU HELP ME WITH ONE?

#17 ·
Jason,
The Torch Red Eye Candy really look "Sweet". What a great ride.

Al in Arlington

________

02 Torch Red/Modified TPW is August 27
Can't wait for it to get here /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

#18 ·
Jason, congrats on finally getting your ZZZZZZ. Sounds like your trip was excellent and we all know these cars won't melt in the rain. Please keep us posted on your new driving experiences. I am 6 days away from NCM delivery! More HP is not enough HP!!!
Regards,
Ken- /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

#19 ·
Congrats Jason Looking good /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif I've just added museum delivery to my options and I just cant wait! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

#22 ·
Hi Data,

I watched your delivery via the web cam. I pick up my Red Z06 next Monday the 20th of Aug. 8:00am

If you get a chance, could you fill me in on how to capture images every 20 seconds, or better yet do you have the capability?

I will be bringing my mini digital video camera and a tripod to film the event. I will then make an attempt to capture the video and post on my/this website.

You picked a damn nice color.

Joe

Starting my 2002 Z06 for the 1st time at 6:57am on 7-19-01 on the assembly line at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant then drove it off the line 1 hour later.

GNX #375 at the National Corvette MuseumNational Corvette Museum
96 C4, and a bunch of 86-87 GN's and 2002 Z06 on order since 16 March 2001

#24 ·
CONGRATULATIONS JASON!! You are joining BurkeSS (my QS twin) and myself in Mo City with Z06s. CorvetteSS is nearby in Sugar Land. I will be looking for you in the future.

GOLD72 & QSZ06 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.