Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When putting the Z on jack stands (all 4 corners off the ground), where do you position the stands?

Which area will give most stability?

*I'm a bit nervous about lifting the Z this weekend - I'll be installing the new rotors.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have 6 stands, all 3,000 lb. rated. I put stands at each jacking point with pucks. Then I leave the jack under the rear cross member with two additional jacks under the front crossmember. Call me cautious, but if I am near or under the car, can't have too much security. ;)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
reproman said:
I have 6 stands, all 3,000 lb. rated. I put stands at each jacking point with pucks. Then I leave the jack under the rear cross member with two additional jacks under the front crossmember. Call me cautious, but if I am near or under the car, can't have too much security. ;)
That's an excellent method. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
reproman said:
I use a similar method.

Reproman - Yeah, your cautious - but not having a Z on your chest is priceless. I once helped lift a '66 GTO off of a guy, and it was not pretty. :eek:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Always double-check everything when getting under a car too.

Alex

·
Registered
882 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
Always double-check everything when getting under a car too.

Alex
And when letting the car down. Always have to watch for errant jack stands, tools, and parts that could cause superficial but embarrassing damage as well. :eek::

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
reproman said:
And when letting the car down. Always have to watch for errant jack stands, tools, and parts that could cause superficial but embarrassing damage as well. :eek::
I concur. :D

·
Registered
292 Posts
dryforkzo6-What kind of ramp is that under your Z? Do you park on it?
How is it made?

Pbalias-Who makes the jack you use? It looks like a heavey duty, low-profile, high lift jack? How high does it go?

Thanks,
Stumbo

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Pbalias said:
i use 4 jack stands, all under each controll arm. the car wont go ANYWHERE!

Now is that black with a silver base coat? Or is it two different cars? What ever it is it looks good.

D.J.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Stumbo said:
dryforkzo6-What kind of ramp is that under your Z? Do you park on it?
How is it made?

Pbalias-Who makes the jack you use? It looks like a heavey duty, low-profile, high lift jack? How high does it go?

Thanks,
Stumbo
The lift is made by Kwiklift and the floor jack was supplied by them. You can see them both with all specs @ kwiklift.com.
When the lift is not in use I park on it. Works great. :usa:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts