Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Z has an appearance of being jacked up in the rear (at least IMO). I am considering lowering the car only in the rear to factory specs. I have heard this is pretty easy. Is there any problem with only lowering in the back, or should the car be lowered both front and rear together? I am thinking lowering in rear would level this car out.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I think maybe if you were racing the car,you might want to lower it equally frt and rear. But driving on the srtreet, I would lower just the back. I know my car is capable of handling that exceeds my driving abilty. I lowered my car frt and rear, and it seems to corner better. But I still haven't gotten it to the point where it wants to " hang out". Need to take some time in a big parking lot to find "its limits . :cool:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I know what you mean by jacked up in the rear but I actually like the way it looks.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I had mine lowered equally front and rear. I thought if I kept the original "stance" of the car, less chance I would encounter handling problems.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I like the jacked up look. In fact, I lowered the front only.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I lowered the rear of mine 1/4" more than the front. That is all it took to even out the look of the car. No handling problems even on track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts