Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the best floor jack is to lift a Z06.... clearance is a problem... especially after installing jacking pads ....
The service manual says not use jack stands on the outside jack holes ...does anyboby know why

Thanks
DFL :)

Is the rhino ramps / floor jack under rear method the best way to change the oil & filter

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
BOBSZ06 said:
I have been using this one from NORCO:
http://www.jackxchange.com/catalog/product-detail.cfm?modelnumber=71230

It will fit under the front and back without pucks, ramps, lumber, etc.
Hmm.... You're not going to get that lift under a lowered Z, I don't think...

Me, I got my dream jack from Griot's Gargae this Christmas (thanks for the advice, Carl!). It is only 1-1/2" (!) at its lowest (that's without the lifting plate on the jack), and only another 1" (maybe) with that plate in place. It actually fits under my lowered Z with the plate. It is an amazing jack -- but it's EXPENSIVE! :eek2:

Not sure why the manual says to not use stands at the outter lift points. All I can think of is that if someone (someone not too bright) considered jacking up only one side of the car, or only the front or rear of the car at those points, I'd think the car would be very unstable like that. I imagine they simply want you to use the strongest, most evenly-distributed wieght-bearing place(s) for jack stands (which appear to be the cross member points).

Hope this helps!

-Kirk

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
C5 Jackpoints

While we're at it, may as well display the jack point from the shop manuals, sent to me by Chem Z. You can get both rear wheels up with almost any jack by using the cross member.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My apologies on reviving a very old thread...

Great info on jacking locations, however if you jack it up using the center rear support where do you usually put jack stands at?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
My apologies on reviving a very old thread...

Great info on jacking locations, however if you jack it up using the center rear support where do you usually put jack stands at?

Thanks
Use a 2x4 26" or so long on the rear support (span end to end); jack center of that; put jack stands at outer ends of 2x4 when raised ... :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks... makes good sense!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts