Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :yeadog:

A meet-up would be great! Unfortunately I work full time and attend school full time, and for the next six weeks my only days off will be tuesdays/thursdays and I have school on these two days. (finishing up getting my degree this summer.)

There are only about a dozen Jax forum members here, and some are not active, so if anything materializes I would guess it'll only be 10 or less, so maybe we could meet up at someone's house on a Saturday evening for an impromptu driveway car show. ;)

If you do set up a lunch get-together, i'll regret missing out on it, but you can fill me in on how it goes.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I am down for a get together but this weekend is not too good for me. We should try to get something together maybe at Hooters on Atlantic :drunken: . Let's see if we can get 5 or so local's and make it happen! :jammin:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Saturday would work for me this weekend. I get off at 7AM, so I just need to get a couple hours sleep. Sunday I have Father's Day commitments.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would love to meet some other local members. I was planning to take my street rod to the cruise in on the northside, but I could take my Z06 just as well. Let me know, I am certainly up for a local meet, George Oller.

·
Registered
396 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
We should try to get something together maybe at Hooters on Atlantic
:idea:

:yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well, since this weekend isn't good for Sgt. Pyle, and Father's Day is Sunday, how about Saturday June 25th at Hooters on Atlantic, maybe show up late afternoon to beat the evening crowd there, 4:00-4:30pm ??? Just throwing something out there, anyone else feel free to throw out another time/date/meeting place.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I can get out of my current commitments if this Saturday arround 4:00 or 4:30 is good for everyone else. I don't want to force a date change if everyone is ok with this weekend. :cheers:

·
Registered
396 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
I can get out of my current commitments if this Saturday is good for everyone else. I don't want to force a date change if everyone is ok with this weekend. :cheers:
Nah, this weekend might be too soon to get a decent turnout. I'm sure we can find a date/time within the next few weeks that suits all of us.

I just used the member locator to e-mail this thread to the few active members w/in 25 miles of Jax who haven't posted yet. If any of you haven't signed up for the member locator, do so! Its link is on the left, between member reviews and member rides.

<-------------- :z:

·
Registered
396 Posts
But if it isn't an important committment, and everyone else is OK, I can probably get off work in time. I don't want to dictate things, just trying to get everyone thinking. Speak up people! Lets hear what's good for each of us, then make a decision that best fits. :thumb:

·
Registered
806 Posts
will82 said:
Well, since this weekend isn't good for Sgt. Pyle, and Father's Day is Sunday, how about Saturday June 25th at Hooters on Atlantic, maybe show up late afternoon to beat the evening crowd there, 4:00-4:30pm ??? Just throwing something out there, anyone else feel free to throw out another time/date/meeting place.
How about sticking with Will82's idea. Saturday, June 25th 4:00-4:30PM Hooters on Atlantic Blvd. If this is good for you, just drop a line to confirm. :cheers:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Saturday, June 25th, is also the large cruise-in sponsered by the street rod club I am in. It is held at K-Mart at I-295 and Normandy Blvd. It runs from about 5 'til 9 pm. There is free food and cold drinks for everyone that brings a car. Just an idea. Also there are lots of other Vettes there each month plus the usual assortment of muscle cars, street rods etc.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I'm in for whatever you guys decide.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am down for Hooters @ 4:30 next Saturday the 25th. This weekend is Fathers day and all and so it might complicate things for me. But next week and the week after look good.
Is about time we plan a get together. I see you guys driving around and wonder if you are on the forum.
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Actually, I can possibly meet this Saturday too. Notihng like seeing eye candy :zboobie: 2 weekends in a row :D Now that I think about it, I think a little adult entertainment may be in order :sneaky: b...anybody up for Ceasars?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm down for meeting some local ZO6 owners. Maybe get some good ideas on how to spend some money on my car.
FYI to all.. I saw in the Folio Weekly the World Golf Village is having a Corvette show this Saturday from 10-3. I plan on going (don't know if I'll enter my car or not), would anyone be interested in going to it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
there is also a Hooter's on A1A and JTB

next Saturday sounds great, the A1A Hooter's has plenty of parking..Would be good to meet and greet the Z enthusiasts. Are you bringing your significant others? :yeadog:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry it took so long for me to get back in on this! This Sat. is the Vettes at the Village in St. Aug. I was planning on driving down for that. How about this for a plan. This Saturday anybody interested- we meet up in the am and drive down to the show. Then the 25 we meet @ 4:30 at the Hooters off Atlantic! Sound good to everybody? BTW- we the the 1/8 mile last night- boy do I need some drag radials!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
By the way- I am going to my first NFCA meeting tonight at 6:45 at El Apache. Anybody else going? want to caravan? if so call me in case I leave the office. Richard 904-412-4357

·
Registered
396 Posts
I worked it out with my boss, so I'm available the 25th 4pm or after.

So far we have the following on board for Sat. 25th @ Hooters on Atlantic Blvd. :

-Me
-richardc
-DavidGP
-Sgt. Pyle

Zack, Stangklrws6, and VetttheRipper,
it sounds like you three are OK with this too? Please post & confirm. If so that would make 7 so far, which is plenty. Maybe a few more will also show when June 25th rolls around.

Can't wait!

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts