Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 Z06 was ordered with the optional Jake Skull performance air filter. The car only has 2,300 miles but I’d like to know if anyone has a supplier for a washable replacement filter element (similar to a K&N filter). Any suggestions or information will be appreciated. Thanks, Glen

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one on my '17 Z06. Recently went to the local Chevy dealer for an oil change and asked that very question. They did not have an answer other than to wash it. I would prefer to replace it. Interested to see if anyone else has ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark,

RE: Jake Skull Performance Air Filter replacement element

I’ve been trying to do some homework and I found the following P/N 84689751. According to the website this is supposed to be the GM part number for a replacement element used in the Jake Skull air filter system.

I haven’t contacted my local dealership to inquire if this is a good part number or about pricing.

Hope this helps both of us and anyone else that has the GM Jake Skull air filter.

Glen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mark,

RE: Jake Skull Performance Air Filter replacement element

I’ve been trying to do some homework and I found the following P/N 84689751. According to the website this is supposed to be the GM part number for a replacement element used in the Jake Skull air filter system.

I haven’t contacted my local dealership to inquire if this is a good part number or about pricing.

Hope this helps both of us and anyone else that has the GM Jake Skull air filter.

Glen
Thank you Sir!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark,

I just hope that P/N 84689751 turns out to be a good viable part number. Hope we’re both successful finding and installing a new Jake Skull filter elements.

By the way, I called K&N Filters and they do not offer a washable (or dry) filter element for the Jake Skull air filter assembly. The guy I spoke to at K&N suggested that I remove my existing filter element, measure the length, width, depth, aperture opening and give them a call. With the thought that perhaps K&K could provide a substitute replacement. Personally I’m not going to that much trouble on a “maybe” and end up with something that may not fit correctly.

Glen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts