Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jim Mortel runs 12.165 @ 118.73 w/ Halltech T-1 SideWinder

This is our first report back on the T-1 from the quarter mile. This is the same e.t. and mph as seen by Sean McKesson with the TRIC on his 2002.

Our customer, Jim Mortel of Muskego, WI, ran 12.1s all weekend with our T-1 SideWinder Intake, and NO OTHER MODS. Jim has not ordered our ported throttle body or other mods, but consistantly broke in the very low 12s.

On one pass, he got over 119 mph but a slightly slower 12.2 e.t.

We'll have the time slips posted here today or tomorrow.

One footnote: Chris had sent him the old Donaldson prototype filter by mistake. It did not fit properly. The mouth was 3.8" with the elbow at 4.1" He had to install the filter inside of the elbow. Who knows how much he lost to this improper fit. We are ungrading him to the latest T1 filter design, since this was our error.

Jim Hall :cheers:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations !

Just amazing how well the Halltech cars perform at the track..

Congratulations Jim!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nice Run

That is a great run I like the mph it is right on. Jim I have found the problem, I think, with the long tube headers making 6 less hp on my car, it seems the 02 sensor is readying low voltage on the scanner and creating a lean condition. I will have it back at the dyno for new numbers. I would have to say these 02 z06's scream, look for 120 mph in the near future.

Nice pass again

Optic:cheers:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LT Headers

It would seem that if you could dial in the a/f ratio correctly, they should be worth a few ponies.

The shorty headers make around 4 to 5 HP on the dyno but they have the pups as a definate restriction point.

Good luck. Let us know.

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the time slip,but

fcalmes said:
Congrats Jim!! We are looking forward to seeing the time slips. :)
my scanner is dead. The USB port on the scanner is bad. I get a new one and post soon. It's for real.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts