Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 has had a jingling noise in the rear from day 1. At first I thought it was something in the rear end or trans because it seemed to be related to transmitting torque. You hear it the most during decelleration at about 2500 rpm. I took it to the dealer and the Corvette service writer and I took it on a test drive together. He says it is the exhaust, not the rear end and I think he's right because I can recreate the noise with the car stopped by simply reving it to 2500 and lifting my foot. He says it is a natural characteristic of the car.

Somebody posted a link to the GM service site and I followed it and typed in "exhaust". There is a bullitin - see the attachment.

Anybody else having this problem? Is it a genuine "they all do that?"

Attachments

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Not sure if this is normal in your situation but these cars are on the noisy side.. Good luck in finding a solution:cheers:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
jingeling noise in exhaust.

Dale:

No noise like that in mine. I did hear a noise like that in a C5 that I test drove.:-?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Yup, I've got the same "jingling" noise. I think it is a "normal" z06 exhaust noise. Just one of the standard issue noises, ;) nothing to worry about.

As you said, to hear it, put the car in neutral, rev it to 2500 and let go of the gas, "jingle/jangle"...

Now if we would only get some rain to wash the salt off the roads, I would like to go hear some of that other standard issue z06 exhaust "noise" :)

Dale, can you post a link to that GM service site here? That would be nice to have!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Jingling noise

no jingling noise here... maybe because I spend every last dime in my pocket on performance cars? :crazy:
I only have 1100 miles on mine, but so far no noise like you described. I can't wait for the road salt to wash away in spring so I can now listen and see if I have been missing anything.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Mine has the same exhaust noise. Even a bit on light acceleration. I wonder if it's some kind of titanium resonance thing... :-?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dale

Mine does the same thing. It sounds very cheep. It is the exhaust and I believe it is normal. hope this helps

good luck, Mac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts