Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner and I both have Z06's. His an 03 and mine is an 04. Well it's been raining all day down here in S Florida and it was time to close up the shop and head home. I had just started my car when my partner started waiving for me to not leave. He had nothing as far a electrical. No click from the starter, no lights, no nothing. I swung my car around and gave him a jump. Viola, it was running. Everything seemed fine on the way home until he turned on the radio. He said he could max out the volume and it was barely audible. As in very faint.
So I guess my question is, could the jump have something to do with this or was it the radio problem that maybe caused him to need the jump in the first place?

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I doubt that a radio problem would cause a no crank situation. He needs to start with the battery to see how healthy it is. Something as simple as a poor connection could cause this. Good luck.

Charlie

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've jump started my Z twice and never had any problems. Are any codes set? :-?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Possible answer:

Many modern car radios have 2 fuses now. One for the presets, etc & one for power. Both need to be good or the radio looses quality & some function.

Gd luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys, and sorry for the slow response as I just got back from Daytona. Whew what a party.

When NYCHASM suggested a loose connection that's right where we went. Tightened everything up and the no start problem was fixed but the radio was still on the blink. Completely removed both cables from the battery and cleaned em up. I can't remember if we touched the neg wire to the pos on the battery or the other way around but it reset the computer and now the radio works fine too.

All is well, your help is greatly appreciated.

Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts