Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Moved your thread from C5 Pit Road to C6 Forced induction because....well, because you have a C6 with forced induction :D

Also, congrats on your mods but I've noticed you're using a 16% drivetrain loss (in all 3 of your posts) in your conversion from rhwp to regular horsepower. I think you may be overstating the drivetrain loss on the Z06. Probably closer to 13 or 14%...

Anyway, congrats again on your mods.

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very excited about it. Sorry about the repeats some how I thought I was replying to a different feed.

·
9,755 Posts
Wow! That must be a monster. Congrats on your new-found power.
How much boost are you running?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Putting an A&A v3 si on my car right now. I can't wait to get it running.
Wait until you put it on the Dyno, the thing sounds like a jet engine at 6500 rpm. I video taped it maybe I can figure out how to get it onto Youtube or something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Moved your thread from C5 Pit Road to C6 Forced induction because....well, because you have a C6 with forced induction :D

Also, congrats on your mods but I've noticed you're using a 16% drivetrain loss (in all 3 of your posts) in your conversion from rhwp to regular horsepower. I think you may be overstating the drivetrain loss on the Z06. Probably closer to 13 or 14%...

Anyway, congrats again on your mods.

Mike
so how do they calculate the crank hp? So if the Dyno says 611.45 rwhp what is the formula to arrive to the theorectical crank hp? The tuner whipped out his calculator and came up with 727 and I think he calculated 16% drivetrain loss. My mind was kind of at a blurr after watching the car scream on the dyno.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
so how do they calculate the crank hp? So if the Dyno says 611.45 rwhp what is the formula to arrive to the theorectical crank hp? The tuner whipped out his calculator and came up with 727 and I think he calculated 16% drivetrain loss. My mind was kind of at a blurr after watching the car scream on the dyno.
Well, the way your tuner did it was to take the rwhp 611.45 then divide it by .84 (supposedly representing the 16% drivetrain loss). He came up with 727 crank hp. Tuners are often very...uh...let's just say 'optimistic'. :lol:

Using his method, take 611.45 (rwhp), divide by .87 (13% drivetrain loss) and you come up with 702.81 at the crank.

Mike

·
Registered
624 Posts
Well, the way your tuner did it was to take the rwhp 611.45 then divide it by .84 (supposedly representing the 16% drivetrain loss). He came up with 727 crank hp. Tuners are often very...uh...let's just say 'optimistic'. :lol:

Using his method, take 611.45 (rwhp), divide by .87 (13% drivetrain loss) and you come up with 702.81 at the crank.

Mike
Also make sure you are starting with SAE numbers and not STD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the A&A V2 SI kit on my Z and im running a 6lb pulley and was told from Josh at A&A that I should see 630-650 to the wheels and an easy 730 crank HP with my set up. I have a header. X pipe and an axle back exhaust as well... Did you go with the 60lb injectors? Fuel boost pump? What timing did your tuner go with if you dont mind me asking... Im looking at getting mine re tuned because im just not sure if its 100% perfect...lol

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
I have the A&A V2 SI kit on my Z and im running a 6lb pulley and was told from Josh at A&A that I should see 630-650 to the wheels and an easy 730 crank HP with my set up. I have a header. X pipe and an axle back exhaust as well... Did you go with the 60lb injectors? Fuel boost pump? What timing did your tuner go with if you dont mind me asking... Im looking at getting mine re tuned because im just not sure if its 100% perfect...lol
JPsilver (the OP) was so excited with his new horsepower that he has not returned to the site since (that was back in 2011).

Don't suspect you're gonna get a reply back from him anytime soon.

Mike

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
JPsilver (the OP) was so excited with his new horsepower that he has not returned to the site since (that was back in 2011).
Don't suspect you're gonna get a reply back from him anytime soon.

Mike
OMG...LMAO

:goodone:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts