Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!!

I have been using Zaino for about 8 years, sometimes with a Souveran topper, and have always loved the results.

I applied two coats of the new Z-2 PRO and finished it with the new Z-8 QD spray.

from an application standpoint. It does not smell as good as the original Z-2 :cry: . comes off easier than the original, does not haze as stiff.

After applying the Z-8, the finish was slicker than anything I have ever experienced. hard to describe.

I then drove out into a partly cloudy day. parked to go inside a mall. The reflectivity is at least 3 to 4 times the original Z-2, which is hard to imagine. The shine is so bright on my MS, it kind of glows in the sun to the point that it's hard to tell what color it is from a distance!

I can only imagine how this would look on red or black...

The Z-8 is very expensive, but only the best for my Z :thumb:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Glad to hear you liked the new stuff.

My Z-8 and Z-2 Pro arrived yesterday. Can't wait to use it. I may clay bar for the first time, also. My TR should be awesome.

Thanks,

:)

·
Registered
271 Posts
I applied the Z8 over the Z2 Pro about a week ago. The Z8 provides a much deeper, wetter look than the Z6 on my Millennium Yellow. It looks great in sun or shade. Thanks Sal!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Sal says to only use the new Z8 for special occasions, like car shows, not everyday! :screwy: What the hell is he thinking? :mah: We pay good money for polish/wax to have our Z's looking the best all the time. :yeadog: I didn't feel the Z2Pro looked any better than the Z2 and will have to see it to believe it on the Z8. Not wasting any more money on Zaino. :roll:

Bob :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
rpallas said:
Sal says to only use the new Z8 for special occasions, like car shows, not everyday! :screwy: What the hell is he thinking? :mah: We pay good money for polish/wax to have our Z's looking the best all the time. :yeadog: I didn't feel the Z2Pro looked any better than the Z2 and will have to see it to believe it on the Z8. Not wasting any more money on Zaino. :roll:

Money no object when it comes to my Baby :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rpallas said:

I read quite a bit regarding the new products. Sal only says that from a financial standpoint. since Z-8 is double the cost of Z-6, they are suggesting using Z-8 for "special occasions". I think they just don't want people thinking they have to start paying more to keep their cars looking great everyday-I assume their point is that Z-6 is a perfect everyday product.

as someone else said, a few more bucks is fine with me. I will use Z-8 EVERYDAY..

·
Registered
24 Posts
what is the new pricing on the Z2 Pro and Z8? Do you just apply over the zaino products you have already been using or clay car and start over?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Z-2 went up I think $2.00 per bottle, to $14.95. I think the old Z-2 was $12.95?

The Z-8 doubled in price over the Z-6 spray. $9.95 vs. $19.95.

I had 2 coats of Zaino z-2 on my car that I had put on just two weeks ago.

I did the wrapper test on the finish and could find no rough spots, so I put two coats of the new Z-2 PRO right on top of it....

I need shades whenever I look in the direction of the car....even with the garage door closed :cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
rpallas said:

Based on my experience, from purely shine and gloss perspective, Zaino and/or other polymer based final step products work great on metallic and generally lighter color paints. I personally don't like the "plasticky" finish Zaino leaves on my black car. Carnuba based waxes tend to have a deep and "warm" gloss which I like better. Now from the durability perspective, nothing even comes close to Zaino specially if you live a hot climate where Carnuba tends to evaporate rather quickly. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I have been very happy with Adam's Polishes and feel they are better than Zaino.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
ScDFACHE said:
I have been very happy with Adam's Polishes and feel they are better than Zaino.
I also here good things about Adam's products. Haven't tried them though. I remember when NXT hit the market. Everyone thought it was the neatest thing slice sliced bread. I tried it and found it to be quite good but has adsolutely no durbility at all on a vechile that sits outside without a cover on it.

I just tried Zaino's new Z8 on my Millennium Yellow Z06. Millennium Yellow is a light non metallic color. I did not see any improvement in gloss and quite frankly did not expect to see any as my Z06 has at least 100 coats on Zaino on it. What I did notice that the finish was much smoother. Which for me was hard to believe if hadn't seen it myself. As far as cost goes to me it a no brainer. A bottle of Z2 will polish my Vette at least 15 to 20 times and Z8 should go 50 applications :yeadog:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mo Kalali said:
Based on my experience, from purely shine and gloss perspective, Zaino and/or other polymer based final step products work great on metallic and generally lighter color paints. I personally don't like the "plasticky" finish Zaino leaves on my black car. Carnuba based waxes tend to have a deep and "warm" gloss which I like better. Now from the durability perspective, nothing even comes close to Zaino specially if you live a hot climate where Carnuba tends to evaporate rather quickly. Just my opinion.
i agree with you on this. it does all depend on the color. When I had a red car, and currently on my red truck, I apply several coats of Z-2 for durability, then put on a coat of Souveran-a fine carnuba product. :thumb:

·
Registered
110 Posts
jnjboc said:
.... then put on a coat of Souveran-a fine carnuba product. :thumb:

If you are into Carnuba waxes, try P21S or get S100 (same thing but cheaper and you can get it from a Harley dealer). I find it much easier to apply and remove as compared to Souveran. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I'll stick with Adams Polishes

ScDFACHE said:
:yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: Same here! I switched four years ago.

·
Registered
286 Posts
FWIW Z-8 applied tonight and I admit I was skeptical that it was going to be much better than the Z-6. My neighbor was my independent judge if the car was going to actually shine more. He said it has more shine and a deeper red! He would be the first to give me :cen: if it didn't work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just did z1 & z2pro last weekend. I didn't notice any difference over the old z2 that I have used for about 5 years. I haven't used z8 yet, & may not, I just usually do the z1 & z2 program.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
DWS said:
I've heard nothing but very positive Z8 results :yeadog:
I was initially using Zaino, but I then tried Meguiars polishes basically for the ease of obtaining & the fact that I didn't need to wait for the polish to cure.
Here's pics of Meguiars from 3 weeks ago:

I then decided to bring out Zaino for another go around. The pics may not show it, but the shine IS deeper, it does seem to last longer w/ less oily residues, & the car seems silkier to the touch & the smell is great.

The Zaino definitely removed more swirls & made my hood look better than the Meguiars...
Note it was sunnier the day I did the Meguiars (1st 3 pics) so the pics may appear different.
Ron

1 - 20 of 29 Posts