Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wonderful evening to all!

I've been scouring papers, websites, auctions and dealers for months looking for "my" Z. Finally, I located the perfect deal; a local car owned by someone who has really cared for the car and who was more concerned about the new "home" the car would have as opposed to how much he could make on the deal.

It's a 2002, Red with solid black interior. 7,440 miles.

The couple selling the car was so nice that they convinced my beyond picky wife that we should get the car..not by pressure, but by how much they described their love for the car.

I'm just hoping I can sleep tonight. I'm not a youngster anymore and haven't been this giddy since I bought a '68 Z/28 in HS in the 70's.

Best to all!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Sorry, you won't be able to sleep for a few days. You will also be finding yourself walking out to the garage: just to look at it. You might not find yourself talking to it each night before you go to bed but you will at least be spending a few seconds with it each night before you are able to go to sleep, just to make sure you are not dreaming.

Welcome to the wonderful experience of owning a ZO6 :zboobie:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congrats! I know the exact feeling since I bought my 02 two days ago... :) I still have a hard time believing that this beautiful car is actually in my garage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's been 6 months for me and I still get that sometimes - is that really my Z06 in the garage? Wasn't my first vette but was my first new one - 2004 TR, solid black, sounds a lot like your new joy. Just turned 5000 miles on it. Mine is a 2004 that I've had for 9 months now. And still loving it each and every time I take it out of the garage - or simply look at it waiting for me :yeadog:

Enjoy.

Scott
'04 Z06
'91 Corvette road racer
'04 Nissan Armada - tow rig, main daily driver

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
landbaron said:
Sorry, you won't be able to sleep for a few days. You will also be finding yourself walking out to the garage: just to look at it. You might not find yourself talking to it each night before you go to bed but you will at least be spending a few seconds with it each night before you are able to go to sleep, just to make sure you are not dreaming.

Welcome to the wonderful experience of owning a ZO6 :zboobie:
Yup, what he said ^^^^^ :jammin:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I bought my new 2003 in Sept of '02, 20k miles later, I love it more every day, It might sound :zboobie: but its the truth :drunken:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Welcome Aboard! :cheers: Now learn how to drive her before any mods. :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Welcome and congrats. We have a lot of fun around here, enjoy. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the club. :z:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Congrats & welcome. I must warn you that hanging around this place can be hard on your wallet. These people will get into your subconcious and before you know it you will be talking heads, cams, blowers, 427's etc etc. :D Have fun with it. :jammin:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the warm welcome. For starters, I'm sure I will leave completely stock...this car is badass without making any mods....I may change my mind down the road though...

Dan in Denver

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z and welcome to :z:
Yes, all the above :jammin: Nearly 2 years now and I still look in the garage and think about the last and next outing.
As for the seller ... when I sold my 94 TR cpe I "interviewed" the prospective buyer to ensure he was "worthy" of my car. :screwy:
Enjoy the ride and that permanent :D

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Enjoy it. Everytime you drive it, it will seem and feel as if it were the first. That's the magic of the Z06... :cheers:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome aboard.... 44,xxx on my '01 and I still get giddy when I floor it. Try a road course for a real thrill :D

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Whipdan said:
Thanks for the warm welcome. For starters, I'm sure I will leave completely stock...this car is badass without making any mods....I may change my mind down the road though...

Dan in Denver
Dan:

Would you like to put a little wager on your above statement :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll give you or your wife 6 months before you start thinking....hummmm that mod seems cool :thumb:

Congrats on your new purchase. :z:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok...ok...maybe some slight mods down the road....

Not going to break into the motor...love the stock wheels...interior is perfect....but who knows....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dan,

Congrats and enjoy. You will love the car and this site. Good people and lots of good info. To the point of making up for any shortcomings from GM.

Cheers,
AJ

1 - 20 of 39 Posts