Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Just cracked my crank! What size motor should I go with??

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  MikeyB 
LS2/LS1 402,408 because of cost of going higher, Wet Sleeve only, Cometic SPECIFIC DARTON gasket only. Limit boost to 12 or less.

The extra 80 pounds feet torque down low is worth every penny. 16% more cid is nice

blown 346 said:
I spoke with Andy over at A&A and talked to him about his 414 cube short block. He is a really nice fellow and didnt mind all my questions. I think I'm going to end up with his short block. Looks like Im going to be busy over the winter.
You wouldnt reccomend going over 12lbs with a stroker? Wouldnt I be safe since the everything will be forged? Im going to use a Callaway crank, eagle rods, JE pistons, and 6 liter heads that are fully ported and polished.
I would like all the input you guys can give so I do this right.
Thanks for all your help so far. :usa:
I sent you a pm with my cell.

I would stay over 10 to 1 with small amount of boost 8-10 lbs.
This is all you will need. About 675-725 rwhp. This motor would have a Huge perfect torque line. Once you start going over that, you are going to run into numerous signicant issues that can only only be mitigated by much more $$$$. The next question you will ask yourself, do want to go 5k miles before a rebuild or 25k.

I could build an LS motor that would do 1,600 hp with a prochager. It would only have one use, to go down the 1/4 mile. Seven seconds of use, before a break down is not what you have in mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.