Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!!! I had an 80 mile maiden voyage home, and I am all smiles! My previous car was a 400rwhp 2000 TransAm, so I am no stranger to a car with a little kick, but the Z06 puts the power down to ground, handles like nothing I've ever driven in (except for my time at skip barber)! I am very pleased!

My work day will probably involve me reading the owners manual from front to back.

One question: Do most drivers actually leave traction control on? I can't stand TC, but I do think the active handling feature is really useful, soooooooo Competitive Mode seems to be just right. But, in Competitive Mode you can not scroll through all the digital stats on the car (oil temp/prs, fuel consumption ect). Is this correct?

Thanks for any info.

Tommy :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yes you sure can still scroll through all the info....All you do is just hit the reset button.You will still be in Comp mode.I run in Comp mode all the time.It lets you spin the tires all you want but will only interupt when you start to go sideways.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhhh!!! Thank you Gary!

It is funny, I feel like my mom trying to set the time on a VCR. I was so happy just driving the car home, I didn't have time to experiment with much.

·
Registered
266 Posts
TaTommy888 said:
WOW!!! I had an 80 mile maiden voyage home, and I am all smiles! My previous car was a 400rwhp 2000 TransAm, so I am no stranger to a car with a little kick, but the Z06 puts the power down to ground, handles like nothing I've ever driven in (except for my time at skip barber)! I am very pleased!

My work day will probably involve me reading the owners manual from front to back.

One question: Do most drivers actually leave traction control on? I can't stand TC, but I do think the active handling feature is really useful, soooooooo Competitive Mode seems to be just right. But, in Competitive Mode you can not scroll through all the digital stats on the car (oil temp/prs, fuel consumption ect). Is this correct?

Thanks for any info.

Congrats TaTommy888, doesn't look like you are a stranger to modification so let the games begin. Seriously though, you have a great car and this forum is one of the best for information and help. Welcome! :z:

Mark

·
Registered
369 Posts
Since my Z is may daily, I just leave the TC on. I only switch to competition mode when auto crossing and drag racing.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
TaTommy888 said:

Thanks for any info.

Welcome Tommy,

Going from an F-body to a Z is a real eye opener. I bet that Z feels light as a feather compaired to the Trans. I have a 2000 SS and a 2000 Coupe. I have to relearn how to drive every time I switch cars.

D.J.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The car always defaults to TC/AH on each time you start the car. There is a device you can buy called a TracActive made by Lap Trax so the car will stay in Comp Mode. On the street I always run in Comp Mode unless it's raining (then it's all on.) Only a fool drives on the street with everything off. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts