Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the install on the Maggie and I gotta say "wow" Love the sound it makes! (and the way the car moves) I want to especially thank Z06Dad for the help with the questions I had, not every board has members that are willing to help out like he did.

I have a question for any of you maggie owners though: I'm throwing 2 codes, both knock sensors. I run a Grand National with 26 pounds of boost, I know what detination and pinging sound like, I haven't heard anything like that with this car. I'm running 93 octane fuel, and as I said, no hesitaion, no backfire, no detrimental sounds of any kind. Anyone have similar issues? Ideas? I took the superchrger back off and checked the sensors to make sure they were seated tightly, (they are) wiring is good. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Congrats on the install. I would have the car dyno tuned ASAP if it was mine. Every car is different & with the charger tuning is critical. Good luck & have fun with it. :thumb:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Never been involved with the Mag install but, are these old codes or new ones that keep coming back after removal??
Maybe they were set before the new Mag tune was uploaded??

Just fishing bro!!
Good Luck!!
Ken

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are currnet codes. I've reset them twice just to be sure. They are the only codes that come up, I might try re-loading the program tonight to see if it makes a difference. I have an appointment to have the car dyno-tuned on Wed, the problem is they guy doing it isn't very reliable as far as getting a hold of him. He does great work, but it took me 4 months to finally get him back in my 01 to tweak the s/c program in that one. I was hoping to iron everything out before then.

I get a "lifetime" of tunes/upgrades, but if I can't get a hold of the guy, what good is it you know? I don't even car that much about squeezing evry last hp out of the car, I just want it to run right.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the Hood on your Z16 (reference the stripe) ? :cheers:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I used the tune that came with the unit and no codes after a year or so. Car runs great........hasn't been on a dyno. Might take a trip up to Ventura and visit with Magnacharger, and see if they will check it out on their dyno. Maybe they left a little HP on the table.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
definitly dont get on it to hard and get a dyno tune! I had a mail order tune to start with and had alot of wierd problems....turns out i was running off the scale rich. Got a dyno tune and picked up more than 80hp.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
That Hood is a little over the top for my tastes. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
KillerVette said:
didnt your momma tell ya, dont say anything unless you have something nice to say. ;)
Actually she did, but I guess yours didn't :rofl:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The hood had to clear the maggie, and I liked the "3 vent" one a little more than the single vent from acp. I was working on a custom hood with Viper (no traitor comments please!) hood vents and a 69 L-88 "raincatcher" style scoop, but time was ticking so I went with a pre-fab.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
That hood looks great on your LB Z16. :cheers: That hood is high quality and I know you paid a pretty penny for it. That hood was my second choice under the MCM.

Did you get my last email? I commented on the splicing of the booster vs the IC pump into that middle gray wire.

Once you get the bugs out, you're gonna love it.:z:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
KillerVette said:
definitly dont get on it to hard and get a dyno tune! I had a mail order tune to start with and had alot of wierd problems....turns out i was running off the scale rich. Got a dyno tune and picked up more than 80hp.
What was your dyno reading?

:z:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts