Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I slapped a Open face air box, and a K & N filter on the ride.........
Well, I would never have believed WHAT a difference this simple $100.00 add on would make..........:eek:
The weather is around 50 ish, and so that helps, brings the timing all the way to max advance.........
BUT, talk about a diff............whew.
The sucka will not stay planted on concrete.....period thru 2nd, and even part of 3rd.......
Asphalt, is much better.........and gave some very satisfying 1-3 runs........
The REVability is unreal.........even more so, than is normal.....which is unreal.
The more I drive it, the more amazed I am..............
In my whole life, I have had SO many Muscle cars, I have lost count......
NOTHING has EVER come close to this animal in stock form........
And I am not even talking about anything except launching from no more than 1800/2000..............
Way to go ZEEEEEEEEE's...........:D

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Couldn't agree more

And it is comfortable, heat (and AC!) and it corners! Plus 15 to 26 mpg! :D :cheers:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Would like to know more about the airbox (possibly some pix?).

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No pics

Simple as falling off a log.................

Got the cover from WCC, now NOT a vendor..........and the filter.
The cover is probably a 99/00 model, as it appears somewhat different than the '01 & '02 lids........

looks like a Big mouth black bass after a spinner:lol: :lol:
Strictly a NON RAIN set up.....................

A hood seal will be next, as I MAY get caught in it ONE day.........

Took about a 100 miles to really notice the difference............
Total cost $125.00.............

Will re-dyno, and post diff.............;)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
"Strictly a NON RAIN set up..................... "

Where does the water danger lie? The top or bottom? I have talked to Jim at Halltech and he says that water intake is not a problem. Is a hood seal the solution? Or is the bootom the real source of concern?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
H2o

David, this is not a Halltech.......

It is just a stock lid cut open, around a 8"x12" opening, and a plain K & N filter...........

The water ingress comes from runoff down the hood, or at a car wash.......a hood seal, would put an end to the driving in the rain scenario..........

Jim's T-1, would be a better more protective set up.........

The TRIC, or bottom feeder, is ok, as long as you don't go puddle driving, or driving through low places with run off......

Ranger has one, and has driven countless miles in the pouring rain, with NO problems.......just avoid standing H2o, and you're cool..........

My entire reasoning for this simple inexpensive mod, is to Dyno it, and see if it makes as much HP as the T-1, or the TRIC installed versions..............

And, to get a baseline difference from my original Dyno @ 850 miles.............:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts