Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I've come over from the dark side of having an 03 Cobra, and while it's for sale, I just bought a Red 2003 LPE Z06. It has the 350 CID N/A package. I was told it's one they stopped offering. I was told that it's a 525 HP package, but the car dynoed 431 rwhp with a larger cam than what came with the kit, donaldson blackwing CAI and air bridge, LPE long tubes, and 3.5" GHL Exhuast. It's put as the "Top End Kit" on the receipt from LPE. I'm gonna try to post a picture, but I don't know if it will show up.

Oh, and BTW, I'm 18 years old. But I pay for the car myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...and I just looked at GHL's site and I don't see 3.5", so I'm assuming that it's actually 2.5", but I was told 3.5". Seemed kinda big to me. It defiantly has GHL Mufflers though.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I didn't think LPE made a 525 package for a 5.7L N/A. That's a lot without boost. Car looks real nice though. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, like I said I don't know much about the package. But I have the receipt from LPE for $9,200 and it says "Top End Kit".

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
CannibalCobra Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

The 3.5" GHL system referes the the size of the tips. They (GHL) also make a 4" system.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IT L GO said:
CannibalCobra Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

The 3.5" GHL system referes the the size of the tips. They (GHL) also make a 4" system.
But mine has the 4 smaller tips.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Sounds like you picked up a real nice ride. :yeadog:

Its alway fun to start learning about a new car..how it handles and performs. Enjoy your car and Welcome to ZO6Vette.com.

Lots of interesting things to be learned by reading through these threads and asking questions. :z:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I know a local guy that has the 500hp lpe kit and he made around the same numbers. Anyways nice buy, I got a 2004 stock instead of this 2002 LPE Heads/Cam/Blower setup now Im debating on putting on this dumb nitrous kit I have laying around left over from my other ls1. BTW I am 20 and got the z06 when I was 19.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chrisrokc said:
I know a local guy that has the 500hp lpe kit and he made around the same numbers. Anyways nice buy, I got a 2004 stock instead of this 2002 LPE Heads/Cam/Blower setup now Im debating on putting on this dumb nitrous kit I have laying around left over from my other ls1. BTW I am 20 and got the z06 when I was 19.
Gotta love us young punk kids with Z's. Lol

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
CannibalCobra said:
Well I've come over from the dark side of having an 03 Cobra, and while it's for sale, I just bought a Red 2003 LPE Z06... Oh, and BTW, I'm 18 years old. But I pay for the car myself....
Obviously wise beyond your years! Congrats and welcome! :cheers: So, whats your impression of the Z vs. your Cobra?
:p

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the board! :cheers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
vant said:
Stop selling drugs, kid. :screwy: :lol:

Just kiddin, welcome to the forum. ;)
Lol. work for my family at a jewelry store/pawn shop. And living at home still keeps costs down.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Nice I went from a '97 Cobra vert to an '01 Z back in 2003... You'll love the car.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Nice car! You will enjoy it with the head and cam package.

Chris

1 - 20 of 27 Posts