Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I just got a C6 Z51 6 speed. The car has about 5000 miles on it.
This car feels very different from the C5. It feels as it belongs in the BMW category - as it is well built and composed.
Driving the C6 does not feel like driving a vette - meaning - its too refined (which I like).
The body feels tighter - taught - and more balanced.
For some reason I liked the bestiality of the Z06 -that the C6 lacks in its "perfection attempt." I did not get the chance to get some serious runs with it so far - but from minor tapping of the accelerator it seems that its close to the Z06. It also does not feel that the engine is "open"as of yet -as it needs some more breaking in.
I will get back to you about it (its speed performance) as I get more familiar with the car.
IF any of you has any questions - or wish to drive it let me know - ;) Anything vette brother ;) (besides my wome ;)
David

·
Registered
806 Posts
Congratulations on your new Vette! The more I see the C6, the more I think I am going to get one! Wife may divorce me but it's probably worth it! :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Congrats! :cheers: And thanks for your write up! :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sounds like a nice ride :z: :z:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys
Here are a few observations:
I love women - oopsss - wrong forum :sneaky:
Anyhow - my last car was an 03Z (and I dont mean the Nissan Z ;)
Last night I went for a ride. At a few points I stepped on it.
The car is fast.
Speed wise it feels close to the Z06 - but its not a Z06. The engine might not be broken in yet (5000 miels) - but time will tell.
In the stopping and handling department : The Z06 felt much better. YOu know how it is when you drive a little fast - and you need to stop for a red light? - a fast gradual stop? -- well - the Z is much better than the C6.
I also liked the handling of the Z much better. Don't get me wrong - the C6 is a fabouls car - but the Z06 felt like a glove on my hand the 1st time I drove it.
The C6 is a much better car than the C5 - but the Z is one mean machine - and I do miss it!
Any other questions anyone should have feel free to ask.
David

·
Registered
555 Posts
"For some reason I liked the bestiality"

I think you meant the beastly nature of the Z06, not its "bestiality". I just looked up Webster's, and bestiality is not something you want. :lol: Congrats on the new awesome C6! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Rapid Transit said:

I think you meant the beastly nature of the Z06, not its "bestiality". I just looked up Webster's, and bestiality is not something you want. :lol: Congrats on the new awesome C6! :thumb:
:eyes: :lol:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Rapid Transit said:

:eek2: :rofl: You guys are too funny.

I am surprised to hear the brakes do not seem to be as good as the Z. Wonder why that is? Thanks for the "inside scoop".

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I'm not real sure, but I think beastiality will get you banned from this site. :lol:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I found a C6 that I really liked but the only problem was it wasn't at my dealer. My dealer in PA tried to trade the other dealer who was in OH but the car was sold before they could work out a deal. I live in WV about halfway between both dealers but I'm very good friends with the one in PA.

What I want is a machine silver coupe with XM, roof package, Z51 handling package, 6 speed manual, 1SB package, maybe navigation but not necessary, wheels aren't that important, and definitely no OnStar. It figure around $54,800 would do it.

I'd like to wait and get the new C6 Z06 but that means at least another year of waiting, losing money on my 2002 Z06 trade-in and at least $12,000 extra for only 100 more hp when I can get in enough trouble with just 400 or 405 hp.

I'm very interested in having you guys that have C6's give us more input on how you like them compared to the C5 Z06's.

Thanks for your comments vettewarehouse! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
pics man..
we need pics...

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Almost got it ;)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Baron - That was funny :D
Thank you.
Every time I try to upload a picture I am being told that the image is too large - Cant crop it to its right size.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts