Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a Schroth Profi III Cam-Lock harness. I still need to get a sub belt. I choose the Schroth for 3 reasons 1. If its good enough for F1 Racing, guess its good for me too. 2nd. I've owned and used Simpson, Diest, and Sparco Belts in the past and found the quality of the Schroth to be a bit superior when compared side by side. They also have a special safety feature built into the belt that reduces head, neck and Chest deceleration in case of an accident by 30%
and 3rd, the cam lock release is built into the center rather than the bottom of the cam lock.

I thought I remember reading somewhere that a 6 pt is preferable over a 5pt due to our cars ergonomics and safety.

If I go with the 6 pt. What are you guys hooking the sub belt to.

I'm using a Brey Krause Harness Bar and their Lap belt mounts. Looking at the belt mounts, there are 2 provisions for cliping belts. Wondering if one is for the lap belt and the other for the sub belt attachment?

Here is the belt I got less the sub belt.

This is the Sub belt I'll probably get (on the left)

·
Registered
385 Posts
I use the Schroth belts too, and run the sub belt into the Brey Krause mounts. The top of the sub belt clips into the main buckle, then each end of the sub into the BK eyelets.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like the 6 pt is the only safe way to go. As the Brey Krause belt mounts provide a provision for the sub belt and lap belt.

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts